Main Menu

San Diego Hcp

Started by CA_Chrome, July 11, 2016, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

that list is just for weight assignments of everybody who was nominated, not all are expected to show up.

stark

Baffert said highly promising up-and-comer Arrogate missed a few days with a minor illness, back training, next start TBD

Man o Taz

I would think that counts him definitely out of the San Diego and makes the Jim Dandy or Curlin a more likely target at the earliest.

Heck, if he was seriously considering the San Diego for him, then why not try the Whitney? 
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

Looks like a small field: Dortmund, Crittenden, Follow Me Crev, and Win the Space are the only likely challengers to Chrome.

I hope Dortmund wins.

curtis

So wasn't the reason Vyjack scratched from the overnight turf stake on Saturday, they wanted to run him on dirt?  I didn't think he would fit an allowance condition--at least one that would fill.  It would be fun to see him up here in the LGA Mile.

CA_Chrome

Entries, post positions and weights:

1 Hard Aces, 115 lbs
2 Dortmund, 121 lbs
3 Soi Phet, 115 lbs
4 Crittenden, 114 lbs
5 Follow Me Crev, 116 lbs
6 California Chrome, 126 lbs
7 Win the Space, 116 lbs

peeptoad

Nice to see Hard Aces in there. Thought he was going in the Sunday race. CA Chrome will trounce these unless Dortmund returns in best form.

BaroqueAgain1

TVG showed Dortzilla schooling in the Del Mar paddock earlier and the big chestnut looked good. However, IMHO he didn't look as 'cut' as I would expect for a horse just a few days out from a race.
   I'm thinking he may need a race to help get him back in top form, and I suspect that 'Chrome, who has already run a few times this year, will be sharper.

peeptoad

I would expect him to need one... I would love to see him win since that would mean more strength in the "handicap" (older male, whatever) division. We already know Chrome (and a handful of others like Frosted) is good, but some more depth to this division would be nice.

Man o Taz

Don't forget Melatonin...:-)
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Dusty

This is going to be a Chrome romp - or a sleeper like Soi Phet or Follow Me Crev surprises - Sorry but I am not seeing Dort rule
May they run with the wind

stark

Hard Aces will scratch from G2 San Diego on Sat at Del Mar, run Sun in G3 Cougar, per trainer John Sadler.

stark

Quote from: Man o Taz on July 21, 2016, 07:56:20 AM
Don't forget Melatonin...:-)

Dave Hofmans, trainer of Melatonin, said the winner of the Santa Anita Handicap and Gold Cup at Santa Anita will start a workout series in preparation for  the TVG Pacific Classic "around August 1."

curtis

Quote from: stark on July 22, 2016, 08:30:05 AM
Dave Hofmans, trainer of Melatonin, said the winner of the Santa Anita Handicap and Gold Cup at Santa Anita will start a workout series in preparation for  the TVG Pacific Classic "around August 1."
Great, I thought they were going to avoid the really big guns until the fall at Santa Anita. I might have trouble getting some R in the SRO section for the Pacific Classic. Given that there was only 6k there yesterday, though.....maybe not so much. Maybe Harper & Co. need to lower the prices some more.

stark

California Chrome, as expected, back on Lasix for San Diego tomorrow. Field of 5. Hard Aces and Soi Phet scratched for spots Sunday

Print
User actions