BEJARANO Injured - Race 4 Santa Anita

Started by Dusty, May 10, 2014, 06:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Was on favorite Gameboy Luke - broke down and euthanized = Rafael went down hard and the trailing horses could not all avoid - taken to hospital - early report - broken collar bone - Best wishes for him
May they run with the wind

Raven

Best Wishes for Him!!
RIP Gameboy Luke.
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Delamont

Thought I had heard also two broken shoulders?  Sounds bad.  Wishing him the best.
Somebody bet on the gray!

The Tin Man

Quote from: Delamont on May 12, 2014, 09:41:03 AM
Thought I had heard also two broken shoulders?  Sounds bad.  Wishing him the best.

I've heard broken collarbone, 2 broken scapulas and a broken rib ...

Raffy is tough ... But I'm thinking this will even keep HIM our for 2 or 3 months.

VERY glad he's going to be ok. Raffy is a great guy too ... VERY sad for Gameboy Luke though ... Hate losing one of my kids. He had really been coming on as of late too.  :(

Here is a picture of Luke from the race prior to his fateful one ... The pic is from March 22nd ... He was gorgeous. Click on the pic to make it bigger.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Delamont

Handsome equine.  RIP.
Somebody bet on the gray!

The Tin Man

Raffy is doing much better, but it seems as if it may be a while. But word is, he'll be back as good as new. Let's hope so!

The only addition injury wise, is that he has 4 broken ribs ... not just 1 like I was hearing before.

This from a jockey friend who was visiting him a couple of days ago.

Catalina

Quote from: Delamont on May 13, 2014, 05:04:21 AM
Handsome equine.  RIP.

Yes, indeed.  Godspeed, handsome.

Catalina

Quote from: The Tin Man on May 19, 2014, 08:49:15 AM
Raffy is doing much better, but it seems as if it may be a while. But word is, he'll be back as good as new. Let's hope so!

The only addition injury wise, is that he has 4 broken ribs ... not just 1 like I was hearing before.

This from a jockey friend who was visiting him a couple of days ago.

Sounds like a very close call.  Wishing him a speedy and complete recovery.

Print
User actions