Hollywood Park AUCTION

Started by Dusty, January 24, 2014, 07:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Anyone with any info? WOuld love to know what is happening - I have registered for online tomorrow = so  sad to real;y see it go -
May they run with the wind

BaroqueAgain1

One thing I have read is that some items have been stolen even before they come to auction. Apparently, on the last Sunday of racing at Hollywood, about a dozen pieces of art and memorabilia "walked out the door" of the Turf Club, despite additional security intended to prevent that from happening.
  One of the paintings held special importance to one family:
    http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/family-searches-for-painting-stolen-from-hollywood-park/

Dusty

Everything sold at very nice prices - I wanted a Lawn Jockey.... 2400.00 and winning bidder bought them all = so I tried for saddle cloths...idiot autioneer decided that you had to buy multiple lots for bid x - crap auction house kept logging webcast users out and auctioneers saying over - internet bidders too slow (?) really =and I got NADA

Dusty

Jockeying for memorabilia at Hollywood Park - latimes.com

check it out

Senator L

On e reality show where they bid on unopened storage lockers a guy named barry got all the original artwork from the turf club when it opened. He got all$15, 000 for theme

Bookman

The prices attained were crazy. The grouping of the saddlecloths was logical, but between $1000 & $1400 for a set of 12 is astronomical.
Saddlecloths that are used once and have the track, race and/or horse name embroidered on them are a lot more unique and available on eBay every day. Quality vs quantity.

On the auction, the buyer paid an additional 15% premium in addition to 6% tax.

The photos brought way over normal prices. 

Print
User actions