Main Menu

Craving Carats

Started by peeptoad, February 26, 2014, 04:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

Tin Man, if Serenassong didn't already ask you, there are some people on the other board wondering about this horse...
Serena, not meaning to step on your toes, so if I did I apologize.

The Tin Man

No worries Peep ... I love each and every one of these ponies very much. Someone concerned about their well-being is a plus and never a hassle.

When I'm there, I try to follow these types of situations closely, not only for my piece of mind, but in case others are concerned also ... so it's my pleasure to inform where I can ...  :)

As far as Craving Carats? I was at Santa Anita near the finish line watching the race ...

And it definitely looked pretty disturbing watching him shuffling like he was. Interestingly, the jockey kept riding him in that fashion until well past the finish line ... in fact until he got into the turn again ...

Once he pulled up, he seemed to be walking fine and with no discernible limp. He loaded quickly on the van and with no problem.

Honestly, I'm thinking he's ok and going to be fine. Seems to me he was pulled up as a precaution. The jockey was Victor, who rides for Miller a lot ... and, as you know, is a long time veteran ... I've got to think that, aside from how it looked to us, Victor had to think he was ok ... I can't imagine he had any bone issue ... maybe a soft tissue injury ... but my money is on his being fine.

I'm optimistic.

If I see Pete around and there still hasn't been an update, I'll ask him how CC is and post an update here.

serenassong

No worries, Peep.  And thanks, Tinny, for getting back to me. Hopefully, you will have some good news.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

serenassong

Craving Carats is now on the most current vet list (yesterday) as being unsound.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

The Tin Man

Quote from: serenassong on February 28, 2014, 06:05:30 AM
Craving Carats is now on the most current vet list (yesterday) as being unsound.

Great news! I had a feeling he was still with us! :)

Mustn't be too bad or it would say "injured" or "broke down".

Print
User actions