Horses We'd Like to Own, the Sequel

Started by Zenyatta, November 17, 2013, 12:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

Quote from: Raven on November 21, 2013, 07:09:40 PM
Quote from: Zenyatta on November 21, 2013, 06:40:15 PM
Moments Notiz won by daylight.

I think he is a future stakes winner.
You said that you should had claimed him.  Did you thought about it at the time?

I remember the race at TP, and thinking, what on earth is he doing here at such a low level? This horse has a lot of talent. He had finished 6th in his previous race at TP but I thought the turnaround may have been to quick. He has a nice economic stride, and well, he looks quite a bit like his sire.  At the time I would have done it but other circumstances prevented me (which wouldn't now, if I wanted to do it).

Jacobson ran him @ 6F today, but I hope he'll stretch him out to at least a mile. He would have had no problem handling it today IMO.  I'm curious to see what his speed figure will be from this race. He ran the 6F in 1:09 2/5, running the last quarter in :23 1/5. His last race at Indiana Downs was 1:08 2/5, a track record.  Heck, he could be any kind.

peeptoad

Quote from: peeptoad on November 21, 2013, 09:53:50 AM
Sigh.
Tracked in 3rd for the opening 1/2 mile, fell back steadily thereafter and was second last, but both trailing horses were distanced. He's 9. He's a gelding. He had nothing. Jacobsen PLEASE retire this horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually emailed Drawing Away Stables a couple of months ago, but they apparently could give a rat's ass.
Wish I had the 12,500 to claim him myself. Drats.

Now he's entered Saturday at Laurel for a $5000 tag. I hope someone claims him, so he can go to a new (and hopefully, better) stable at least...

serenassong

Quote from: peeptoad on December 05, 2013, 04:17:38 AM
Now he's entered Saturday at Laurel for a $5000 tag. I hope someone claims him, so he can go to a new (and hopefully, better) stable at least...

I hope so, too. I think the boy has done enough. He's in the same race as one of the horses that I follow, Tea Tott- who has pretty much always run at that level. 
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

peeptoad

Quote from: serenassong on December 05, 2013, 04:25:48 AM
I hope so, too. I think the boy has done enough. He's in the same race as one of the horses that I follow, Tea Tott- who has pretty much always run at that level.
Well, we will see how he performs. He seems to be a fairly smart horse so hopefully he protects himself if something is physically amiss with him. I agree he's done enough. Good luck to Tea Tott as well; maybe he can give Ea some "claiming tips" lol.

Zenyatta

Dubai You X Y Z will be running at HP this weekend after a LONG layoff. I'm sure Tinny remembers his first start.

The Tin Man

Quote from: Zenyatta on December 05, 2013, 12:26:18 PM
Dubai You X Y Z will be running at HP this weekend after a LONG layoff. I'm sure Tinny remembers his first start.

I know it was at HUGE odds ...

But I only learned that after the fact. I actually didn't see it when it happened ...

But ... I've eagerly awaited and cheered for him in all his subsequent races.  :)

I'm glad he's got connections that give him all the time he needs between races. It kinda makes it even more special when he runs.  :chickendance:

BaroqueAgain1

He did win today. I think the TVG guys called him 'fragile, but talented,' but he sure looked good.

Dusty

Ohhhh I would love to own Winding Way
May they run with the wind

Zenyatta

Moments Notiz ran last Thurs at Aqueduct and finished 2nd by about a neck. I think he coukd have won with a better trip but Inalso think Davidson is running him back too fast. He's not a claimer anymore, he shouldn't be running 2 weeks apart. Grumble. :banghead:

Zenyatta

Quote from: Zenyatta on December 15, 2013, 03:55:42 PM
Moments Notiz ran last Thurs at Aqueduct and finished 2nd by about a neck. I think he coukd have won with a better trip but Inalso think Davidson is running him back too fast. He's not a claimer anymore, he shouldn't be running 2 weeks apart. Grumble. :banghead:

I'm eating the words in that post above. Moments Notiz ran on 12/26 and 12/31, and won both easily. This horse is something else indeed.

AND I got a new one, but he was claimed the other day at SA, for a ludicrous $8K. He won the first @ SA on 1/5, his name is Afflication.  I always thought he could at least be allowance level, and he may be stepped up after this last performance. He won by open lengths and earned a Bris 102 speed figure. Not too shabby.

BaroqueAgain1

Re: Afflication...I think I saw a note on DRF that his claim was voided after the race due to unsoundness. And that this is not the first time a claim for has been voided.

The Tin Man

Quote from: Zenyatta on January 06, 2014, 09:15:14 PM
I'm eating the words in that post above. Moments Notiz ran on 12/26 and 12/31, and won both easily. This horse is something else indeed.

AND I got a new one, but he was claimed the other day at SA, for a ludicrous $8K. He won the first @ SA on 1/5, his name is Afflication.  I always thought he could at least be allowance level, and he may be stepped up after this last performance. He won by open lengths and earned a Bris 102 speed figure. Not too shabby.

He looked fantabulous in the paddock!

I wasn't very familiar with him pre-race, but when I saw him in the paddock .... He went straight on top of my Pick 5.

serenassong

Gilligan is in a race on the 10th at GG, last work put him 6/45- and he not a fast worker generally.  I just want him safe.
http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/GG011014USA-EQB.html#RACE7
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

The Tin Man

Quote from: serenassong on January 08, 2014, 04:34:51 AM
Gilligan is in a race on the 10th at GG, last work put him 6/45- and he not a fast worker generally.  I just want him safe.
http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/GG011014USA-EQB.html#RACE7

I guess if this cat is going to continue to run him, all we can do is hold our breath and hope somehow he ends up getting off the track safely.  :(

Zenyatta

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on January 07, 2014, 05:30:13 PM
  Re: Afflication...I think I saw a note on DRF that his claim was voided after the race due to unsoundness. And that this is not the first time a claim for has been voided.

I'm amazed that a horse with a pretty good race record, and one that won with authority last time out, not only is unsound, but is allowed to race after being found unsound on more than one occasion.

Print
User actions