Back In Training After Setbacks

Started by Man o Taz, June 20, 2014, 07:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tin Man

Quote from: serenassong on September 24, 2014, 09:29:53 AM
Ah, good- wondering when he was going to be back!

At the start of the year, I had my top 3 rated in the following order ...

Indianapolis
Shared Belief
Bayern

So needless to say, I expected BIG BIG things from Indianapolis before he went out.

Man o Taz

Quote from: Man o Taz on September 23, 2014, 07:09:06 AM
Well, looks like there will have to be two trips to Aqueduct this fall...  :D

Perhaps not - with the Breeders Cup being that day...

If they start it late - maybe?

I don't know but I would hate to miss Honor Code's return.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

Well, I believe we saw Cairo Prince on the training track at Keeneland on Wednesday AM. He looked good.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

Quote from: Man o Taz on October 06, 2014, 06:10:33 AM
Well, I believe we saw Cairo Prince on the training track at Keeneland on Wednesday AM. He looked good.

Too bad he was retired.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/88339/cairo-prince-retired-to-airdrie-stud-in-2015

Man o Taz

It was good to see Indianapolis back running - though he did finish 10th. He certainly looked good in the works with Secret Circle leading up to the race.

serenassong

Doesn't it seem weird that Pioneerof the Nile already has a son at stud? Seems like only yesterday that POTN was just going off to stud himself- too bad Cairo Prince couldn't run some more.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

peeptoad

Like everything else on the planet time is speeding up!

Man o Taz

I stick to the adage that time is moving slow...whether or not its wishful thinking...  ;)

peeptoad

Palace Malice will have a 2015 campaign and is cleared to go back into training:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/88737/recovered-palace-malice-returns-to-training

Man o Taz

Great news. We'll see if he can regain his 2014 form.

Man o Taz

The Tin Man

I think it's pretty well documented that I hate when any horse goes to Dubai ... pretty much fries 90% of them for the rest of the year.

Man o Taz

Aha...but if all of them go then aren't they equally fried?  ;)

The Tin Man

Quote from: Man o Taz on November 21, 2014, 05:29:05 AM
Aha...but if all of them go then aren't they equally fried?  ;)

Great ... just what I want to see ... lesser horses smoking all of them in the states next year post-Dubai.  ;)

I'd, personally, rather just see them all in top form here next year. I'm not big in "all or nothing" plays ... but that's just me.

Man o Taz

I know.

Chrome's really the only one I am advocating going to Dubai just because I want someone besides the Japanese to buy him since we'll never see him again if that happens.

I know TONY is going too because of his win in the UAE Derby but I think Chrome can take him on dirt.

Looking for a big effort on the grass - please take pics.

Print
User actions