Back In Training After Setbacks

Started by Man o Taz, June 20, 2014, 07:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering about him.

Loved the horse too - but thought while he might come up short in the Derby because of my bias against horses not running at 2 - always thought his breeding and talent made him a contender for the latter two races.

I know Mr. Haskin liked him a lot too. 

HRN shows him entered in the Kelso. Must be a mistake.
http://www.horseracingnation.com/horse/Hoppertunity
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

That's not correct. Hopper isn't even nominated to the Kelso (thankfully).

Man o Taz

Too bad - I have yet to see him run in person and was excited at the prospect but it didn't seem right that the entries would be out for the Kelso 9 days before the race.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

Coming off a 6-month injury induced layoff, with only 4 works under your belt and being asked to face older horses for the first time in a contentious BC prep would be too much to ask of Secretariat, let alone Hoppertunity. IMO.

Man o Taz

I guess if I really thought about it.

I do hope I get to see him run next year then.

I was really sorry I never got to see Game On Dude at Saratoga - so I hope he comes East.

Then again - as I noted with Bayern - this is his seventh race outside of California this year.

I wonder what is going on with Danza and Constitution.

I know Cairo Prince and Honor Code are jogging. 

peeptoad

Quote from: Man o Taz on September 18, 2014, 01:50:31 PM

I was really sorry I never got to see Game On Dude at Saratoga - so I hope he comes East.
No happening, unfortunately.

Quote from: Man o Taz on September 18, 2014, 01:50:31 PM
I wonder what is going on with Danza and Constitution.

Constitution is close. Pletcher last reported he was about a month away from a race. He's been working steadily at BEL recently.

Man o Taz

Quote from: peeptoad on September 19, 2014, 04:41:27 AM
No happening, unfortunately.

Nope - hoped to see The Factor out here too and it never happened.

QuoteConstitution is close. Pletcher last reported he was about a month away from a race. He's been working steadily at BEL recently.

Good to know - wonder if he'll point to the Cigar mile after a prep...

serenassong

Look who had his first official work....

Honor Code
Your Comment: A. P. Indy x Serena's Cat

Date: September 19, 2014
Track: Fair Hill
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 37:20
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Man o Taz

Thank you. Great to read.

I wonder if they'll try him at Aqueduct or if he'll be pointed instead to Gulfstream.

I also see that Danza worked 4 furlongs at Belmont as well in 49.43.

And Indianapolis looks like he has been training very sharply at both Del Mar (six works between 7/26 and 8/28) and now Santa Anita with his last work being 5 furlongs in 59.8.

He may be close to a race.

No sign of Cairo Prince turning in a work though. I know he's been jogging I think in Kentucky...

The Tin Man

Ah ... Indianapolis ...

My initial top 3 three year olds for the Derby trail were ...

Indianapolis
Shared Belief
Bayern

(I think in that order ... not sure, but it gives you an idea of how impressed I was with Indianapolis)

(That was before Junior started his winning streak)

It will be interesting to FINALLY get to see if Indianapolis can live up to all the promise I saw at the beginning of the year ... seems so long ago ...

Man o Taz

Well, the others certainly have so if that is any indication...  8)

peeptoad

Honor Code is targeting the Discovery H. at AQ as his comeback race:
http://www.drf.com/news/cigar-mile-tops-aqueduct-fall-stakes-slate

Man o Taz

Quote from: peeptoad on September 22, 2014, 11:12:43 AM
Honor Code is targeting the Discovery H. at AQ as his comeback race:
http://www.drf.com/news/cigar-mile-tops-aqueduct-fall-stakes-slate

Well, looks like there will have to be two trips to Aqueduct this fall...  :D

The Tin Man

Great news ... My boy Indianapolis is back in the fray this Friday at Santa Anita!  :)

The bad news is I can't be there ... wish it were Saturday instead.  :(

I hope he kicks butt!

serenassong

Quote from: The Tin Man on September 24, 2014, 09:11:50 AM
Great news ... My boy Indianapolis is back in the fray this Friday at Santa Anita!  :)

The bad news is I can't be there ... wish it were Saturday instead.  :(

I hope he kicks butt!

Ah, good- wondering when he was going to be back!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Print
User actions