Back In Training After Setbacks

Started by Man o Taz, June 20, 2014, 07:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

I see that Indianapolis is back in training after his setback earlier in the year - and he seems to be training sharply with two 3 furlong works on the 12th and 19th at 36.20 and 36.80, respectively.

I hope he continues moving forward and perhaps I can get a chance to see him out East at some point.

I do wonder what is up with Chitu and Midnight Hawk since I thought they were fine coming out of their last races - the Derby Trial and the Illinois Derby. Hope they are well.

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Flanders

The following quote was from Pegram before the Derby.  I'm not sure if they are just giving him some time off, if he has an issue, or they aren't planning on racing him again until 4.

Quote"We thought ol' Midnight Hawk was gonna get us back here, but we'll just give him some time and let him become a good 4-year-old. It's the best thing for him. He's never run a bad race."

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/84740/pegram-lands-another-derby-hoppertunity

curtis

Quote from: Man o Taz on June 20, 2014, 07:44:27 AM
I see that Indianapolis is back in training after his setback earlier in the year - and he seems to be training sharply with two 3 furlong works on the 12th and 19th at 36.20 and 36.80, respectively.

I hope he continues moving forward and perhaps I can get a chance to see him out East at some point.

I do wonder what is up with Chitu and Midnight Hawk since I thought they were fine coming out of their last races - the Derby Trial and the Illinois Derby. Hope they are well.
Didn't a Chitu run in the Derby?

Flanders

Quote from: curtis on June 21, 2014, 10:27:43 PM
Yes he finished 9th.  He doesn't have any works since.

Man o Taz

Quote from: curtis on June 21, 2014, 10:27:43 PM

My mistake. The double Baffert entry confused me. He did not run in the Derby Trial.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

curtis

Quote from: Man o Taz on June 24, 2014, 09:01:12 AM
My mistake. The double Baffert entry confused me. He did not run in the Derby Trial.

Quite alright!  When trying to follow Baffert's or Pletcher's Derby eligibles, confusion is bound to reign or I suppose rein. ;)

Man o Taz

Quote from: Man o Taz on June 20, 2014, 07:44:27 AM

And now he has been stretched out to 4 furlongs in 49.80.

Man o Taz

Wise Dan remains on target for the Fourstardave Handicap...and if not there the Bernard Baruch...
http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/11164559/wise-dan-continues-comeback-keeneland

Hope to see them both... (SMILE)

The Tin Man

It's his 2nd after a long layoff/retirement, but Tres Borrachos runs this Saturday at Los Al.

Man o Taz

Will be cheering for him.

What did you think of Hear the Ghost's performance in the Gold Cup?

curtis

Quote from: Man o Taz on July 03, 2014, 10:04:52 AM
Will be cheering for him.

What did you think of Hear the Ghost's performance in the Gold Cup?
Do you mean Fury Kapcori?  If so he needs the lead to win at that distance--at least at this stage of his development.  Of course it also matters how hard he has to go to get it...

Man o Taz

Yes, my mistake, Fury Kapcori. Thanks.

I guess he's still maturing since this is his first full year of racing.

Hope he keeps improving. That was a wicked pace.

Man o Taz

Quote from: Man o Taz on July 01, 2014, 07:17:03 AM
And now he has been stretched out to 4 furlongs in 49.80.

A sharp 4 furlongs at 47.80 for Indianapolis on July 3rd.

Wonder where he is pointing.

5 furlongs in 1:04 for him yesterday.
He was sharper last week at 1:00.40 for 5 furlongs...but maybe Mr. Baffert wanted him to gallop easier or the track turned up slower since its Del Mar.

Man o Taz

Quote from: The Tin Man on July 03, 2014, 09:15:58 AM
It's his 2nd after a long layoff/retirement, but Tres Borrachos runs this Saturday at Los Al.

He finished second. Hopefully he is moving forward..

peeptoad

Hoppertunity is back and working steadily. I hope to see him in the Malibu at year's end (unless Baffert ships him out somewhere). He was one of my favorite 3yos earlier this year (and my top selection for the Derby before he scratched). Hopefully he comes back in good form.

Track   Date   Course   Distance   Time   Note   Rank
Santa Anita   9/17/2014   Dirt   4F   48.00   Handily   9/36
Santa Anita   9/11/2014   Dirt   4F   48.20   Handily   10/52
Los Alamitos Quarter Horse   9/3/2014   Dirt   4F   51.40   Handily   5/6
Los Alamitos Quarter Horse   8/27/2014   Dirt   3F   37.40   Handily   2/3

Print
User actions