Three year olds returning as four year olds

Started by Man o Taz, January 14, 2014, 09:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

Thanks for the heads up.

I am confused about what they have planned for him.

He definitely runs well - when you have a horse of his caliber - why not put him in stakes races? Are they trying to get his confidence built up again?

He seems to run as good in stakes races as he does in allowance company finishing in the money...

I am sure there is a plan. I just hope he is in the winner's circle again soon. 

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

Hear the Ghost - second again.

Itsmyluckday looked much the best...

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85268/itsmyluckyday-coasts-home-in-majestic-light

They were considering the Metropolitan Mile for him next but more likely he'll go in the Salvator Mile...on July 5th.

Here is the race:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/MTH/2014/5/24/11/majestic-light-s
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

And as TTM predicted, Fury Kapcori is entered in the G2 Californian as a prep for the Hollywood Gold Cup.

Race 7 - Californian S. (Grade II)
http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/SA053114USA-EQB.html#RACE7

Purse $200,000. For Three-Year-Olds And Upward. By subscription of $100 each to accompany the nomination. Closed Thursday, May 22, 2014 with 14. $3,000 additional to start. $200,000 guaranteed with $120,000 to the winner, $40,000 to second, $24,000 to third, $12,000 to fourth and $4,000 to fifth. Three-year-olds 117 Lbs. Older 124 Lbs. Non-winners of a Grade I or Grade II at One Mile or Over since November 31 allowed 3 Lbs.; Non-winners of a Grade I or Grade II race at One Mile or Over OR Two Grade III races at One Mile Over since May 31, 2013, allowed 5 Lbs. A trophy will be presented to the winning owner. One And One Eighth Miles.
PP   Horse   Virtual
Stable   A/S   Med   Jockey   Wgt   Trainer
1   Clubhouse Ride (KY)      6/H   L   J Talamo           121   C A Lewis
2   Fury Kapcori (KY)      4/C   L   C S Nakatani   119   J Hollendorfer
3   Sky Kingdom (KY)      5/H   L   M Garcia           119   B Baffert
4   Majestic City (KY)      5/H   L   M E Smith           119   R W Ellis
5   Handsome Mike (KY)   5/H   L   M Gutierrez   119   D F O'Neill
6   Storm Fighter (CA)      4/C   L   E A Maldonado   119   B Headley
7   Majestic Harbor (KY)      6/H   L   T Baze           119   S McCarthy
8   Fly Lexis Fly (KY)      5/R   L   T J Pereira   119   P Miller

Owners: 1 - Six-S Racing Stable or Petralia ; 2 - Awtrey or Hollendorfer or Todaro ; 3 - Westrock Stables, LLC ; 4 - Bloom Racing Stable, LLC ; 5 - Reddam Racing, LLC ; 6 - Golden Eagle Farm Investment, L.P. ; 7 - Gallant Stables, LLC ; 8 - Dona Licha

Breeders: 1 - Mr. & Mrs. Sidney H. Craig & Jenny Craig; 2 - Diamond A Racing Corp.; 3 - Jim J. FitzGerald; 4 - Trackside Farm, Robert Evans & HelenEvans; 5 - John Liviakis; 6 - Larry Mabee; 7 - Liberation Farm & Brandywine Farm; 8 - Kenneth L. Ramsey & Sarah K. Ramsey

The Tin Man

Quote from: Man o Taz on May 29, 2014, 10:38:15 AM
And as TTM predicted, Fury Kapcori is entered in the G2 Californian as a prep for the Hollywood Gold Cup.

Actually wasn't a prediction Taz ... It came from "The Man" himself ... wish I could take credit for the prediction though. ;)

Nice field, but your boy is a beast now ... He'll romp!

Should be interesting seeing him go up against The Dude the rest of this year, after this one of course ...  :)

Man o Taz

It should.

Game On Dude should be sharp for the HGC.

Of course, I have hopes that I might get to see Game On Dude out East running in the $1.5 million G1 Whitney.

After all, The Dude's connections have chased money before.

And I know it comes up three weeks before the Pacific Classic, but it is for more money than the Pacific Classi, over dirt which the Dude prefers to polytrack.

It would also go a long way to answering questions that the Dude can't ship and win against the best Eastern horses.

Just say'in.

Maybe if Fury is a beast in the HGC that will give Mr. Baffert pause to look East. Then again, Mr. Hollendorfer likes to ship. Maybe Fury goes in the Whitney. And if I could have them both...to dream.

I'm going to do it...use an emoticon...

;D

Man o Taz

Furry...2nd to Clubhouse Ride.

I was very surprised that CR was allowed to get to the rail at the top of the stretch.

I wonder if Mr. Nakatani saw him coming on the inside.

If he had been stopped, Furry would have won.

C'est la vie.

Man o Taz

Revolutionary is being pointed to the Stephen Foster and possibly the Whitney.

Man o Taz

Revolutionary never got into the race it seems. Hopefully I'll get to see him in the Whitney...

Will Take Charge did not get much of a rest...before he was entered...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkbanS4sha4

Here's the chart...

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/CD061414USA8.pdf

Man o Taz

Well, Fury Kapcori had a hall of fame jockey on his back in the (Hollywood) Gold Cup. I do not know that it helped. The half in 45 and change...in a horse's first 10 furlong effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADCx7NgCtd0

Eddie Olczyk can handicap...I think Paul LoDuca could take some lessons from him...with his picking the winners of the two big stakes races on NBC Sports...and my wife says that he did really well with the Triple Crown undercards as well.

I know there are likely trademark issues involved in taking races from track to track under the same name...but I wish the names belonged to the state racing associations and not the tracks themselves.

Man o Taz

Looking forward to seeing Itsmyluckyday this weekend in the Salvator Mile...

peeptoad

Quote from: Man o Taz on July 01, 2014, 07:52:45 AM
Looking forward to seeing Itsmyluckyday this weekend in the Salvator Mile...

He looked excellent. Ran the mile in 1:34 and change. Geared down just before the wire and never looked to be running all out.

Print
User actions