Three year olds returning as four year olds

Started by Man o Taz, January 14, 2014, 09:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

Does anyone know what's up with Java's War?

I know that he was being trained by Barclay Tagg, but I have not heard anything from him and there are no works for him on Equibase.

Thanks.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

Your buddy Moreno is entered in the CT Classic this weekend, where he will face none other than............... THE DUDE.

Man o Taz

Good luck Moreno. You'll need it. You're facing the defending champ - and right now the top older horse in America (or at least one of them - sorry Will Take Charge). (SMILE)

Wish I could make it down there but its Easter weekend.

And Long River is also entered...

I wonder if Itsmyluckyday is targeting the Churchill Stakes and/or the Pimlico Special...
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

Hear The Ghost was a nice second in a mile long allowance on the turf at Santa Anita.

I hope he will try dirt again but I understand he has also done well on synthetics.

Wonder what race he's being aimed toward.

peeptoad

Itsmyluckyday runs in a $75000 listed stakes race at GP tomorrow... anything less than a win will be disappointing.

Man o Taz

Indeed. Thanks,

Gulfstream Park - Saturday, April 26, 2014
Race 8 - Post Time - 5:02 PM     $1 Daily Double / $1 Exacta / $.50 Trifecta / $.10 Superfecta
Best of the Rest S.
Gulfstream Park STAKES

Purse $75,000. For Three Year Olds And Upward. ($15,000 bonus for FTBOA Registered Florida-Bred by an FTBOA Registered Florida Sire). Free Nomination, $750 to pass the entry box and $300 additional to start, with $75,000 Guaranteed. All fees shall be paid prior to the start of the race. The owner of the winner to receive $45,000, $15,000 to second, $7,500 to third, $3,750 to fourth, $2,250 to fifth and $1,500 to sixth. Supplemental nominations may be made at time of entry. Weight: Three Year Olds 120 Lbs. Older 123 Lbs. Non-winners of a graded sweepstakes in 2013 allowed 2 Lbs.; of $30,000 since September 1, 4 Lbs.; of two races other than maiden or claiming in 2013, 6 Lbs. Trophy to Winning Owner. Closed Saturday, April 12, 2014 with 21 Nominations and 2 SupplementalNominations. One And One Sixteenth Miles.

P#   PP   Horse   Virtual
Stable   A/S   Med   Jockey   Wgt   Trainer   M/L
1   1   Joshua's Comprise (FL)      4/C   L   J Chamafi           117   B R Rose   20/1
2   2   Border Song (FR)              5/H   L   E Trujillo           117   M J Azpurua   8/1
3   3   Sr. Quisqueyano (FL)      4/C   L   C Olivero           121   L Olivares   7/2
4   4   Macho Bull (KY)                      5/G   L   G Saez           117   G Dorochenko   6/1
5   5   Goodtimehadbyall (KY)      6/G   L   P L Cotto, Jr.   121   J Navarro   3/1
6   6   Speak Logistics (FL)              4/C   L   E J Zayas           117   C Maragh   12/1
7   7   Ledokol (ON)                      4/C   L   A Stephen   117   G Dorochenko   20/1
8   8   Itsmyluckyday (KY)              4/C   L   P Lopez           123   E Plesa, Jr.   9/5

Owners: 1 - Rose Family Stable; 2 - Rontos Racing Stable Corp.; 3 - DDRD Racing, Inc.; 4 - Nina Shikhova and Raut LLC; 5 - High Point Thoroughbred Partners; 6 - Hardway Stables; 7 - Miroslava Dorochenko; 8 - Trilogy Stable and Laurie Plesa

Breeders: 1 - Rose Family Stable Ltd; 2 - M. Pierre Camus Denais & M. Bruno CamusDenais; 3 - Do-Little Farm LLC; 4 - Liberation Farm & Brandywine Farm; 5 - John D. Gunther; 6 - Centaur Farms, Inc.; 7 - James A. Everatt, Janeane A. Everatt &J. Arika Everatt-Meeuse; 8 - Liberation Farm & Brandywine Farm

Equipment Changes: 7 - Ledokol - Blinkers On

peeptoad

Oh, ouch. I just noticed that Itsmyluckyday breaks form a terrible post for that distance at GP. Hopefully he is good enough to clear off, otherwise he'll get stuck wide.

Man o Taz

Didn't matter - he won it going away putting him back in the winner's circle.

It will be nice to see him in the northeast.

I wonder if he may point to the Pimlico Special and the Met Mile.

And how about Vyjack making his comeback at Aqueduct with a win in a 7 furlong allowance race...
http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/zatt/Vyjack_returns_a_winner_at_the_Big_A_123

peeptoad

Quote from: Man o Taz on April 28, 2014, 06:06:47 AM
Didn't matter - he won it going away putting him back in the winner's circle.

It will be nice to see him in the northeast.

I wonder if he may point to the Pimlico Special and the Met Mile.

And how about Vyjack making his comeback at Aqueduct with a win in a 7 furlong allowance race...
http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/zatt/Vyjack_returns_a_winner_at_the_Big_A_123

Thanks for the update on 'Lucky... I forgot to checkl the results of that race. Hopefully he heads to a higher profile race soon. Would love to see him at the Spa...

Man o Taz

We have a couple of four year olds going in this weekend's Alysheba Stakes...including Golden Soul, Normandy Invasion, Mylute and the defending three year old champion Will Take Charge.

Looks like a nice race. This is a tough one to cheer for...I really like Normandy Invasion, though, so I'll probably cheer for him and WTC.

Race 10 - Alysheba S. (Grade II)
https://www.equibase.com/static/entry/CD050214USA-EQB.html#RACE10

Purse $300,000. For Four Year Olds And Upward. By subscription of $300 each, which should accompany the nomination or by Supplementary Nomination of $9,000 at time of entry. $1,500 to pass the entry box; $1,500 additional to start, with $300,000 added. After payment of1% to all owners of horses finishing sixth through last, 62% of the remaining purse shall be paid to the owner of the winner, 20% to second, 10% to third, 5% to fourth and 3% to fifth. Weight: 123 Lbs. Non-winners of a Grade I stakes at a mile or over since November 1, allowed 3 Lbs.; a Grade II stakes at a mile or over or $90,000 over a mile since October 31, 5 Lbs. The maximum number of starters for the Alysheba will be limited to fourteen (14). If more than fourteen (14) entries pass the entry box preference will be given to graded stakes winners (in order I-II-III), then highest 2013-2014 earnings. Any horse excluded from running because of the aforementioned preference shall be refunded the entry fee and supplementary nomination fee if applicable. Starters to be named through the entry box at the usual time of closing. All supplementary nominations will be required to pay entry and starting fees if they participate. Closed Wednesday, April 9, 2014 with 55 nominations. One And One Sixteenth Miles.
P#   PP   Horse   Virtual
Stable   A/S   Med   Jockey   Wgt   Trainer   M/L
1   1   Moonshine Mullin (KY)      6/H   L   C H Borel   118   R L Morse   15/1
2   2   Will Take Charge (KY)      4/C   L   G L Stevens   123   D W Lukas   4/5
3   3   Mylute (KY)                      4/C   L   R Napravnik   118   T M Amoss   10/1
4   4   Coin Broker (KY)              4/C   L   C J Lanerie   118   D L Romans   20/1
5   5   Normandy Invasion (KY)      4/C   L   J Castellano   118   C C Brown   3/1
6   6   Golden Soul (KY)              4/C   L   R Albarado   118   D Stewart   20/1
7   7   Golden Ticket (KY)              5/H   L   J Rosario   118   K G McPeek   6/1
8   8   Appealing Tale (KY)              4/G   L   V Espinoza   118   P Miller   15/1
9   9   Bradester (KY)                      4/C   L   J Lezcano   120   E Kenneally   20/1

Owners: 1 - Randy Patterson; 2 - Willis D. Horton and Three Chimneys Farm, LLC (Zuleika B. Torrealba); 3 - GoldMark Farm, LLC and Whisper Hill Farm; 4 - Gainesway Stable (Antony Beck), William E. Graves and John C. Oxley; 5 - Fox Hill Farms, Inc. (Richard C. Porter); 6 - Charles E. Fipke; 7 - Magic City Thoroughbred Partners (Carter Stewart); 8 - Gary and Cecil Barber and Doubledown Stables, Inc. (Richard Templar); 9 - Joseph W. Sutton

Breeders: 1 - Dr. Russ Beran & Dick Johnson; 2 - Eaton; 3 - Mike G. Rutherford; 4 - PTS Ranch, LLC; 5 - Betz/Kidder/Gainesway/Graves/D.J.Stable/Cole; 6 - Charles Fipke; 7 - WinStar Farm LLC; 8 - Hart Farm; 9 - Doug Branham

peeptoad

Moreno runs in the Pimlico Special on Friday:

12th Race - Pimlico - Friday, May 16th, 2014 STAKES. 1 3/16 Mile Dirt. Purse $300,000. Pimlico Special S. (Grade 3). FOR THREE-YEAR-OLDS AND UPWARD.

PP Horse A/S M/E Wgt Jockey Trainer
1 Valid 4 G L 118 Bocachica Orlando Vitali Marcus J.
2 Cat Burglar 4 C L 118 Napravnik Rosie Baffert Bob
3 Moreno 4 G L 118 Rosario Joel Guillot Eric J.
4 Golden Lad 4 C L 124 Lezcano Jose Pletcher Todd A.
5 Carve 4 G L 118 Castanon Jesus Lopez Cox Brad H.
6 Revolutionary 4 C L 118 Smith Mike E. Pletcher Todd A.
7 Major King (KOR) 4 C L 118 Perez Xavier Testerman Valora A.
8 Prayer For Relief 6 H L 118 Velazquez John R. Romans Dale L.
9 Bourbon Courage 5 H L 118 Goncalves Leandro R. Gorder Kellyn

Man o Taz

Thanks - wish we could have been there to see it - were still en route.

What a surge by Revolutionary at the end...

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85123/revolutionary-fires-late-takes-special

peeptoad

Itsmyluckyday runs in the Majestic Light Stakes at Monmouth on Saturday... hope he wins!!

Man o Taz

Thanks. We'll be there.

peeptoad

Hear the Ghost runs in an allowance today at SA (race 6). He goes turf-dirt after two placings on turf. Hope he fares well, but I won't be betting him at a likely short price.

Print
User actions