THE WOODY STEPHENS
Grade II - $500,000
Purse $500,000 (Up to $50,000 NYSBFOA) Seven Furlongs
FOR THREE YEAR OLDS.
1 Sharp Azteca(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 123 Bravo, J Rodriguez, I Navarro, Jorge
2 Tale of S'avall(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 115 Velasquez, C Fipke, C Tagg, Barclay
3 Dig Deep(L) B.c.3 121 Castellano, J Colts Neck Stables Goldberg, Alan
4 Justin Squared(L) Gr/ro.c.3 121 Pedroza, M Zayat Stables, LLC Baffert, Bob
5 Fish Trappe Road(L) Gr/ro.c.3 117 Saez, L Martin Racing Stable Calhoun, W.
6 Seymourdini(L) B.r.3 117 Ortiz, J Iris Smith Stable Rice, Linda
7 Counterforce(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 121 Geroux, F Winchell Thoroughbreds LLC Asmussen, Steven
8 Awesome Gent(L) B.g.3 121 Velazquez, J Burning Sands Stable Pletcher, Todd
9 Tom's Ready(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 115 Rosario, J GMB Racing Stewart, Dallas Blk-Off
10 Imperial Hint(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 121 Lopez, P Mamone, R Carvajal, Jr., Luis
11 Mrazek(L) Ch.c.3 121 Gutierrez, M Reddam Racing LLC O'Neill, Doug
12 I Will Score(L) Dk B/ Br.c.3 123 Garcia, M Poetsch, H Hollendorfer, Jerry
13 Star Hill(L) B.c.3 115 Lanerie, C Calumet Farm Arnold, II, George
8th Race. (C8) Approx Post 3:58PM S

BaroqueAgain1

Justin Squared has been super impressive in his races on the Left Coast...but how will he like Big Sandy?
Sharp Azteca and Justin Squared for me.
BTW...where is Unified? I thought we might see him in either the Belmont or this race.

Raven

Tale of S'avall

call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

peeptoad

Wide open and loads of speed... I go with Counterforce and Star Hill. SH should appreciate the cutback and I think Counter force will like the added furlong. Sharp Azteca made me a bundle last time but I side against here with the rail post and the abundance of speed. Last time was the time to have him. He'll be 1/4 the price here with likely a more difficult set up.

BaroqueAgain1

I found out where Unified is.
Unified sizzles six furlongs for Pegasus
Unified, unbeaten in three starts, all around one turn, is set for his two-turn debut in the Grade 3, $150,000 Pegasus Stakes for 3-year-olds going 1 1/16 miles at Monmouth Park on June 19 following a fast workout on the Belmont Park main track Friday morning.
http://www.drf.com/

Man o Taz

Ah, so he has the Haskell in his sights.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

stark

I Will Score scratched from Woody Stephens, per Hollendorfer

BaroqueAgain1

Dallas Stewart did a great training job with longshot Tom's Ready, to take a horse who last ran in the 10 furlong Derby and get him a win in a 7 furlong sprint.
TR's task was made a bit easier by the the frontrunners setting blazing....and exhausting...fast early fractions. Doesn't look like Justin Squared can be rated, and with a running style of 'go as fast as you can as far as you can,' I'd guess that his next race will be much shorter than 7 furlongs. Maybe around the hook at Los Al?  ;)

WarBiscuit

Nice run by Tom's Ready. That was a fairly impressive job of slicing through traffic to get the lead. I felt a little bad for him in the Derby - but not today!

Print
User actions