The 2016 Haskell

Started by stark, July 27, 2016, 10:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

BREAKING NEWS: Preakness winner Exaggerator headed to Haskell, setting up showdown with Derby winner Nyquist

honneerider

I'll be there! Surprised when I got the news flash. I also read trainer Keith De was not thrilled with Exaggerator's workout last week. Going to try and beat Nyquist for 3 year old honors. Should be a heck of a race with Gunrunner and American Freedom.
Was asked to be in the winner's circle for a friend's horse in the 3rd. Could be a great day!

stark

Quote from: honneerider on July 27, 2016, 11:42:06 AM
I'll be there! Surprised when I got the news flash. I also read trainer Keith De was not thrilled with Exaggerator's workout last week. Going to try and beat Nyquist for 3 year old honors. Should be a heck of a race with Gunrunner and American Freedom.
Was asked to be in the winner's circle for a friend's horse in the 3rd. Could be a great day!

Good for you, enjoy!
Ain't no feeling quite like being in a winners circle picture, good luck!

honneerider

Sounds like at least a WIN bet is justified :)  Confidence!

stark

Quote from: honneerider on July 27, 2016, 07:32:20 PM
Sounds like at least a WIN bet is justified :)  Confidence!

All kidding aside, no wager will feel better than having your picture taken and the memory is priceless!

peeptoad

Don't forget the Haskell Challenge!  It's one of my favorite games all year:
http://www.haskellgame.com

Senator L

Quote from: peeptoad on July 28, 2016, 03:46:25 AM

I think the guy last year had like 9 winners and a couple place horse.
Def worth a try, best prize out there  :chickendance:

stark

Quote from: peeptoad on July 28, 2016, 03:46:25 AM

Thanks!

peeptoad

Brody's Cause is out. Will await WV Derby...

stark

peeptoad

All those invites and they could only get 6 to run for 100K? Wish I was eligible to run...

BaroqueAgain1

I suspect that, when both the Derby and Preakness winners entered the race, some connections opted to find a slightly softer spot.  ;)
It may be a small field, but IMHO it's a high-quality one.

peeptoad

I don't think Exaggerator 's inclusion caused any defections because he wasn't even pointing to this race until yesterday. As of last week the DRF reports were looking at a small field. At least Sunny Ridge is here; he's been on the docket fir this since birth I think, ha.

I'm not touching Exaggerator with a 10 foot pole. He's coming off what connections labeled a poor work and wasn't even under consideration until yesterday?  No thanks. I smell appearance fee and he may not be ready for his best effort.

If Nyquist is upset my guess is Gun Runner. A sloppy track then maybe I'll reconsider.

stark

One vote from the WBIBB club, he could pay close to $10 and sneak by the big two.

(WeBelieveInBobBaffert in these situations)

honneerider

Keith Desormeaux should have been a weatherman. Skies opened up at 7 AM.

Print
User actions