Main Menu

Salutos Amigos

Started by Raven, March 07, 2015, 11:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Is he one of the best sprinters in the country? Or is he the best?
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Senator L

he's the best

The Tin Man

Nice to see this former Socal kid find such great success out East!

He's certainly blossomed!

Man o Taz

Well, he has looked good, of late, but he finished 7th in the BC Sprint and 4th in the 2014 Vosburgh.

So, against top company he has shown some weakness.

I would say he is one of the best.

Let's see him enter the Carter Handicap where he'll likely face Private Zone, Honor Code, and Wicked Strong (and perhaps even Palace Malice) on what could be termed his home track since he has six of his wins there including at least 4 stakes wins.

Definitely a fun horse to watch and Cornelio seems to fit him very well.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Raven

His time of 109 and change on a tiring inner dirt was very good.
His race before he accelerated and  beat a horse that had it all his own way with a very big lead on the top of the stretch on a day that the track favored speed!
This year I don't think anyone can beat him at 6f.

Senator L

Should get 7/2 on him in Dubai - or better

Man o Taz

Quote from: Raven on March 09, 2015, 10:53:05 AM
His time of 109 and change on a tiring inner dirt was very good.
His race before he accelerated and  beat a horse that had it all his own way with a very big lead on the top of the stretch on a day that the track favored speed!
This year I don't think anyone can beat him at 6f.

111 BSF
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Raven

Quote from: Senator L on March 10, 2015, 09:33:46 AM
Should get 7/2 on him in Dubai - or better
Is he going there?

Senator L

Quote from: Raven on March 10, 2015, 04:43:51 PM
Is he going there?

From the Bloodhorse
Salutos Amigos returned $3.20 to win, $2.10 to place, and $2.10 to show. Dads Caps paid $3.10 and $2.50. Green Gratto returned $4.70 to show.

"We'll see where we go from here," Jacobson said. "We were really concentrating on this race, and now that we have this one behind us now, I will take (Dubai) a lot more serious. After today, he proved that he is a special horse. He's been running all year, and he's been so strong and good. He's had the foundation, so the training he missed was like a mini-vacation, but it didn't affect him at all."

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/90516/salutos-amigos-powers-to-tom-fool-victory#ixzz3U26tgLgT

Raven

Thanks for the link.

Man o Taz

Wow.

He has been running well lately, but can he compete in Dubai in the Golden Shaheen?

I think the Carter is a better fit for him.

He has tried G1 company 3 times in his career and finished 7th, 4th and 7th but all of these races were before he began his late season stakes run.

Then again, he has run a career best BSF so this may be the best time, if there ever will be one, to run him.

This would open the Carter wide open for Private Zone.

First, Honor Code is not going. Then Salutos Amigos not running there.

However, the Big Beast may make his NY debut there as well so we'll see.

Raven

2 min to post,and hopefully a victory!

Raven

Well,he was overmatched.
Back to NY.

Senator L

Never got into the race.
Maybe he is a horse who doesn't like the heat?

Man o Taz

Maybe.

I hope there is no time to wheel him back for the Carter.

Print
User actions