Main Menu

Royal Visit!!

Started by Raven, October 11, 2014, 07:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Belmont race #5
#3. Queen's Prize is bred and owened by the Queen of England!!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Man o Taz

I was there, but I think I missed that race.  ???
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Raven

She was scratched. It was a turf race, and they run it on dirt !!   If you can call Belmont's sloppy surface dirt. :-\

Man o Taz

Oh well - I wonder what they'll do with her now since they will be at Aqueduct soon.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Raven

There is turf racing at Aqueduct!!

Man o Taz

LOL - I can't believe that I have been going there for years (Since FuPeg won the Wood) and did not remember that.

I must have seen turf stakes races when went to see the Cigar Mile, Withers, Gotham and Wood Memorial.

:doh:  :slap:

Raven

Aqueduct, like Belmont had two turf racing strips before they converted one to inner dirt!!

Man o Taz

We live and learn.  :)

That really shows just how observant I am. Yikes.

Print
User actions