Untapable retired

Started by Flanders, June 19, 2016, 06:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanders

Untapable has been retired after her lackluster 4th in yesterday's Fleur de Lis.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/212631/champion-untapable-retired

CA_Chrome

Fine filly. It's good she's retiring sound and there's plenty of time to let her down before she is bred for the first time.

Dusty

Glad they are retiring her = she just was not same in her last few races - she deserves a break! What a nice filly to watch over the past years
May they run with the wind

Zenyatta

Wonder if she and American Pharoah will have a date in 2017?

Man o Taz

She will be missed. It is a shame that she could not find the right jockey fit for her because I think she was still quite competitive.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Zenyatta

Quote from: Man o Taz on June 20, 2016, 08:59:57 AM
She will be missed. It is a shame that she could not find the right jockey fit for her because I think she was still quite competitive.

It's interesting hoe jockeys and horses have such a symbiosis. I couldn't imagine Chrome without Espinosa, nor Zenyatta without Mike Smith. Same with Rosie and Untapable.

Man o Taz

I think Smith would have been a good fit for Untapable.

We will never know.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Print
User actions