Three year olds returning as four year olds

Started by Man o Taz, January 14, 2014, 09:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

Revolutionary was my top Kentucky Derby horse. He had a stellar return in an allowance race at Gulfstream Park. I am excited to see him in the Donn Handicap.

Fury Kapcori has always been one of my favorites since I saw him run 2nd in the Cash Call Futurity in 2012. He's a grandson of Go For Gin and I always thought he had a beautiful, effortless running style.

Palace Malice is a fun horse to watch. When I thought he would do well he didn't and when I didn't he did. This son of Curlin should be equally fun to watch as a four year old. He just had his first work of the year I believe at Palm Meadows yesterday.

Power Broker - a grandson of Wild Again who I really liked - has not had any works. I did not hear that he was retired. He was second in the Haskell. He was another of my top Derby horses. I hope he is back in 2014.

Will Take Charge was never one of my favorite last year, other than to look at, since he never seemed to impress on the TC trail. However, his late season efforts were among the best of any horses and he demonstrated a durability that is almost as impressive as race performances.

I'm certain I'll think of more.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

Itsmyluckyday - Has returned to training and recorded his second work at Palm Meadows at 3 furlongs in 36.2 - his first was at 36 on 12/31. I am very excited to see this son of Lawyer Ron perhaps in the Gulfstream Sprint Championship, Carter Handicap, Pimlico Special, Met Mile and the Iselin if all goes well. I am just guessing here - but I think he is ideal for these races.

Black Onyx is black in training his last workout being at Palm Meadows on the turf at six furlongs.

Normandy Invasion is also training well at Palm Meadows up to 4f now.

Mylute according to some is pointed to a couple Fairgrounds races but I can't find any works info. 

Were Java's War and I've Struck a Nerve retired?

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

Two bad. The only solace I have is that I got to see him race twice in person...at Belmont in the Easy Goer and at Monmouth in the Haskell.

Who knows what might have been with him had he remained healthy.

Those Pulpit sons are in high demand. 

Man o Taz

I have not heard any word on Vyjack, Titletown Five, Capo Bastone, Incognito and Frac Daddy...

Sunland Derby winner Govenor Charlie was in the Strub...

And Baffert's 2013 San Vicente Stakes winner Shak'in It Up is back as well in that race with a winning effort.

Golden Soul is working at the Fairgrounds.

Catalina

Last I heard, Vyjack was still rehabbing at Fair Hill, and was expected to return to Rudy Rodriguez' barn in...<calculating from date of article> mid to late January?

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/novak-at-the-track/archive/2013/12/13/Road-to-Derby-Retrospect.aspx

Man o Taz

Thanks Catalina. Will look for him in the next couple of months. Perhaps if I see Mr. Rodriguez at Aqueduct the next time I'm there I'll ask him.

That article is great. Sorry I missed it but it talks about all the Debry prep winners and what they are doing...

It seems like Goldencents will be back - I thought he was retired...

And Black Onyx...

And Java's War...

And Flashback...

And Dice Flavor...

And Super Ninety Nine...

And maybe I've Struck A Nerve...

And Lines of Battle as Helene Super Star

And Winning Cause

Will all be back in addition to the others mentioned...

The Tin Man

Quote from: Man o Taz on January 28, 2014, 08:18:50 AM

It seems like Goldencents will be back - I thought he was retired...

Oh no ... He's just getting a couple of months of much deserved R & R ... No worries.

He's gonna have a monster year this year!

Wish Points Offthebench were still around to go up against him. That would have been a fun rivalry to see.   :-\

curtis

Quote from: The Tin Man on January 29, 2014, 08:29:08 AM
Oh no ... He's just getting a couple of months of much deserved R & R ... No worries.

He's gonna have a monster year this year!

Wish Points Offthebench were still around to go up against him. That would have been a fun rivalry to see.   :-\

Is O'Neil really going to keep sprinting Goldencents?  I think he's much better around two turns, I'm not saying 10f necessarily but he looks like he hangs going short.  He looks much better to me when he can control the pace.  That is why I was so puzzled by the way he was ridden in the Preakness.

Man o Taz

I'll be glad to see him on the track.

And hope he makes it out East.

Perhaps he'll start with 7 furlong efforts and work up to a mile - so I can see him take on Sahara Sky in the Met Mile out East...and then maybe the Whitney or Woodward if that works out well.

The Tin Man

Quote from: Man o Taz on January 30, 2014, 07:23:41 AM

Perhaps he'll start with 7 furlong efforts and work up to a mile - so I can see him take on Sahara Sky in the Met Mile out East...and then maybe the Whitney or Woodward if that works out well.

Per their Facebook page ... Goldencents just showed up back at the barn yesterday ... So I guess R & R is already over. I wish it had been a month longer. Oh well ... hopefully it was long enough.

Senator L

Cali sure is loaded with speed, sahara sky, secret circle and goldencents.
They even read fast :chickendance:

Man o Taz

Quote from: Man o Taz on January 30, 2014, 07:23:41 AM

That would be quite ironic - two West coast horses dueling in the East - kind of like Sahara Sky and Handsome Mike coming out for last year's Met Mile.

Man o Taz

Anyone hear anything on Moreno and War Dancer?

Or where Princess of Sylmar, Close Hatches, and Beholder will begin their year of racing?

Man o Taz

And I didn't realize that Long River...had a nice win at Aqueduct...in the Evening Attire in the middle of last month at 8.5 furlongs.

Print
User actions