Loki - The love of my life

Started by KimmieB, November 05, 2013, 09:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KimmieB

Since everyone is starting to share photos of their pets, I wanted to share mine.

Her name is Loki and she's 5 years old. My hubby and I have had her since she was 12 weeks of age and looked like a plucked chicken. She can talk and says a variety of words/sentences and has quite the personality (for a 1lb bird)

Some of her favourite sayings include:

Momma's gotta go (says anytime she sees us getting ready to go out)
Want some steak (says anytime we start cooking in the kitchen)
Good Morning Sweetheart (says anytime she first sees us in the morning, or as we uncover her cage)
Can I have a kiss Goodnight? (says anytime she's getting tired at night)

She has picked up a swear word from me. She also likes to tell fart jokes to herself.
Loki never ceases to entertain or amaze us.

Thanks for letting me share  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

serenassong

I love African Greys! Extremely smart birds, and yes, you have to watch everything you say around them.

My sister had a green cheeked Amazon for a few years, and he could whistle the theme to the Lone Ranger (William Tell Overture). He could speak in both English and Spanish. He would sit in his cage and call the dog and the dog would come, it sounded just like her.  She had to give the bird away at one point and sent him to some lady on the West Coast that had a breeding program- but right after that she could not contact her to make sure the bird was alright. I often wonder what actually became of him, makes me sad to think that something funny was going on.

They are a big commitment, and they live a very long time, you have to have a plan in place in case something happens to you, just like you do with a child.

Lovely bird, and share more if you can.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Dave in TJ Mex

"Want some steak" --- smart bird!