HORSE RELATED TRIVIA

Started by Raven, October 30, 2013, 12:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Quote from: Blue Jeans on November 08, 2013, 08:25:39 AM
Another trivia question:

Name the famous American cartoonist whose horses ran in the 1924 Preakness and Belmont?

You have to answer the previous question before you post a new one!

I meant to write that after all reasonable  trivia has been answered! You don't have to be the one that answered it.
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Blue Jeans

Quote from: Raven on November 08, 2013, 05:50:40 PM
Another trivia question:

Name the famous American cartoonist whose horses ran in the 1924 Preakness and Belmont?

You have to answer the previous question before you post a new one!

Sorry, but I posted the trivia question while it was still fresh in my memory.  Had just read about Nellie Morse before coming here.  Saw the other question but .... I could only give a wrong answer at the time.  I know which horse spoiled Cigar's consecutive wins, so do wrong answers count?  It was Dare And Go trained by R. Mandella and ridden by Alex Solis.   ???
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Blue Jeans

Quote from: Catalina on November 08, 2013, 03:21:38 PM
Another trivia question:

"Bud" Fisher

You win! 

Bud Fisher (Harry Conway Fisher) .... creator of Mutt and Jeff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_Fisher
>Fisher acquired a large stable of Thoroughbred racehorses. In 1924, his horse Nellie Morse became the fourth filly (out of only five total as of 2009) to win the Preakness Stakes.  That same year, his colt Mr. Mutt finished second in the Belmont Stakes.<

A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Blue Jeans on November 09, 2013, 04:33:16 AM
Sorry, but I posted the trivia question while it was still fresh in my memory.  Had just read about Nellie Morse before coming here.  Saw the other question but .... I could only give a wrong answer at the time.  I know which horse spoiled Cigar's consecutive wins, so do wrong answers count?  It was Dare And Go trained by R. Mandella and ridden by Alex Solis.   ???

Blue Jeans, incorrect answer to my trivia question, let me repeat my trivia question:

This horse broke the record of Cigar's consecutive win by winning his first seventeen consecutive races in his entire career between 2002 and 2005, he is a sprinter, and a turf horse, he can go up to seven furlongs (1400 Meters), but he can't go up to a mile (1600 meters), his last win was the Sprinters Stakes at Nakayama, but he didn't improve in 2006, and his trainer was a former legendary jockey, what is the name of that horse?

(Hint: there was a rumor back in 2005 about a possible high profile match race between this turf sprinter and Ghostzapper, winner of the 2004 Breeders' Cup Classic, but the plan of the match race did not work, what is the name of this turf sprinter from outside of the United States?)

Raven

ok  mch.. There are more than one horse that won 17 straight races since Cigar.
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Blue Jeans

Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 09, 2013, 06:37:54 AM
Quote from: Blue Jeans on November 09, 2013, 04:33:16 AM

Blue Jeans, incorrect answer to my trivia question, let me repeat my trivia question:

This horse broke the record of Cigar's consecutive win by winning his first seventeen consecutive races in his entire career between 2002 and 2005, he is a sprinter, and a turf horse, he can go up to seven furlongs (1400 Meters), but he can't go up to a mile (1600 meters), his last win was the Sprinters Stakes at Nakayama, but he didn't improve in 2006, and his trainer was a former legendary jockey, what is the name of that horse?

(Hint: there was a rumor back in 2005 about a possible high profile match race between this turf sprinter and Ghostzapper, winner of the 2004 Breeders' Cup Classic, but the plan of the match race did not work, what is the name of this turf sprinter from outside of the United States?)

MCH, I knew it was the wrong answer; said as much in my post (see above in bold print).  I didn't mean to dismiss your trivia question by submitting another one before someone answered yours.  I tried to explain that. 

Your question is a very good one, but, sadly, I'm not able to answer it.  I could only remember the horse that spoiled his winning record.  Forgive me, please.

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Blue Jeans on November 09, 2013, 09:21:21 AM

MCH, I knew it was the wrong answer; said as much in my post (see above in bold print).  I didn't mean to dismiss your trivia question by submitting another one before someone answered yours.  I tried to explain that. 

Your question is a very good one, but, sadly, I'm not able to answer it.  I could only remember the horse that spoiled his winning record.  Forgive me, please.

My trivia question is:

Second hint to my trivia question, the name of that horse is:

S_ _ _ _ _   W _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Catalina

Silent Witness

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Catalina on November 09, 2013, 12:17:44 PM
Silent Witness

Catalina, Silent Witness is the correct answer to my trivia question, and the trainer of that horse is a former legendary jockey named Tony Cruz, a Hong Kong native Portugese.

Catalina

Name this horse:  He was conceived in France (before most of us were born), born in Ireland, and is buried in Kentucky.

BaroqueAgain1

Nearco?

Catalina

Not Nearco.  Nearco was Italian bred.

Catalina

Quote from: Catalina on November 09, 2013, 12:59:54 PM
Name this horse:  He was conceived in France (before most of us were born), born in Ireland, and is buried in Kentucky.

One of his daughters is well known, even today.

Ballerina

Princequillo?
Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Catalina

Quote from: Ballerina on November 09, 2013, 03:14:05 PM
Princequillo?

We have a winner!!!  Yes, indeed, Princequillo, Somethingroyal's daddy.  He was shipped from Ireland to the U.S. at a very young age to escape the dangers of World War II, especially the threat of German bombing.  He was buried at Claiborne Farm, where he had spent his entire stud career.

http://www.reines-de-course.com/princequillo.htm

Congratulations, Bal!!!

Print
User actions