In Memoriam 2013

Started by jjacks1, October 25, 2013, 12:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Gameboy Luke broke down in the 4th race at Santa Anita - RIP buddy - 3 year old by Zensational - sad
May they run with the wind

The Tin Man

Quote from: Dusty on May 10, 2014, 06:39:25 PM
Gameboy Luke broke down in the 4th race at Santa Anita - RIP buddy - 3 year old by Zensational - sad

Luke's breakdown was particularly graphic ... Very demoralizing to see ...

He was a pretty solid horse who seemed to be on the upswing. Damn shame to lose him or any of the kids ...

He always impressed in the paddock and post parade. He was quite the looker. I've attached a few pics of him ... Click on them to make them bigger ...

This is him leaving the track after his prior race to his fateful one. The pic is from March 22nd.

Career Statistics:

•Starts: 5
•Firsts: 0
•Seconds: 0
•Thirds: 1
•Earnings: $13,490

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Tin Man

Luke leaving the track on March 8th ...

The Tin Man

Luke leaving the paddock on March 8th ...

The Tin Man

Luke leaving the track after his debut race at Hollywood Park on November 24, 2013 ...

The Tin Man

Vicki Victoria lost her life last Thursday or Friday on the training track at Santa Anita after her workout. Apparently suffering a fatal heart attack ...

I remember seeing her 1st race as a 2 year old at Hollywood Park. She was ALWAYS a tough, gritty runner who always gave her all ... She also had a VERY nice record ... Finishing in the trifecta in 14 of 19 career starts ...

She was set to run in an Allowance/Optional Claiming race at SA this coming weekend after her very impressive win last out.

Career Statistics:

•Starts: 19
•Firsts: 4
•Seconds: 6
•Thirds: 4
•Earnings: $201,580

Here is a pic of her leaving the track after her win in her last race at SA on April 27th ...

The Tin Man

Vicki Victoria in the paddock before her last race on April 27th ... She usually wore blinkers ...

The Tin Man

Nice frontal of her pretty face while leaving the track on February 1st of this year ... A 2nd place finish ...

Dusty

Quote from: The Tin Man on May 12, 2014, 07:18:57 PM
Vicki Victoria lost her life last Thursday or Friday on the training track at Santa Anita after her workout. Apparently suffering a fatal heart attack ...

I remember seeing her 1st race as a 2 year old at Hollywood Park. She was ALWAYS a tough, gritty runner who always gave her all ... She also had a VERY nice record ... Finishing in the trifecta in 14 of 19 career starts ...

She was set to run in an Allowance/Optional Claiming race at SA this coming weekend after her very impressive win last out.

Career Statistics:

•Starts: 19
•Firsts: 4
•Seconds: 6
•Thirds: 4
•Earnings: $201,580

Here is a pic of her leaving the track after her win in her last race at SA on April 27th ...

This one hurts (A LOT) REST IN PEACE - What a shock

The Tin Man

Quote from: Dusty on May 13, 2014, 07:00:01 PM
This one hurts (A LOT) REST IN PEACE - What a shock

Sorry Dusty ...  :(

Did you follow her?

Dusty

Quote from: The Tin Man on May 14, 2014, 07:42:45 AM
Sorry Dusty ...  :(

Did you follow her?

I did... she had heart!

The Tin Man

Quote from: Dusty on May 14, 2014, 07:34:21 PM
I did... she had heart!

That she did ... Very gritty girl.

A friend of mine owned her. They had high hopes for her.

Glad to know you appreciated her efforts. Sometimes I wonder if some of them even had fans, as they give their lives.

The Tin Man

After failing to fire in the 2nd race at Santa Anita today(Very unusual for him) ... On the way back ... Big Note planted his feet ... refused to move ... then kneeled down in front of where I was standing(having taken a pic of him instants before) ... then died ...

VERY heartwrenching to see as he was truly one of my favorites.

Evidently he had a cardiac event ... He just kneeled down on all 4 knees, as they hosed him down and then green-screened and injected him ...

Something I won't forget ... I was hoping it was just that he was over-heated and that he'd be ok ...  :-X

This guy came from Europe ... dropped down the claiming ranks here ... worked himself back up the ranks ... and was in an Allowance/Optional Claiming race today ... He'd hit the Super 14 of 16 races in SoCal ... and the exacta 10 of 16 here ...

He was a true beauty and as honest a horse as you could ever want ... gave his all every time out ...

He will truly be missed. He was a credit to the game and honestly, truly, one of my very favorites out here ... a TRUE REAL racehorse.

It was a horrible event seeing him go like that ... one I won't ever be forgetting.

Career Statistics:

•Starts: 28
•Firsts: 6
•Seconds: 8
•Earnings: $153,644

Of the pics I have, this one captures his true beauty and magnificence best ... (Click on it to make it bigger)

The Tin Man

Here is a pic of Big Note before his prior win on April 6th ...

Catalina

Quote from: The Tin Man on May 24, 2014, 09:11:26 PM
After failing to fire in the 2nd race at Santa Anita today(Very unusual for him) ... On the way back ... Big Note planted his feet ... refused to move ... then kneeled down in front of where I was standing(having taken a pic of him instants before) ... then died ...

VERY heartwrenching to see as he was truly one of my favorites.

Evidently he had a cardiac event ... He just kneeled down on all 4 knees, as they hosed him down and then green-screened and injected him ...

Something I won't forget ... I was hoping it was just that he was over-heated and that he'd be ok ...  :-X

This guy came from Europe ... dropped down the claiming ranks here ... worked himself back up the ranks ... and was in an Allowance/Optional Claiming race today ... He'd hit the Super 14 of 16 races in SoCal ... and the exacta 10 of 16 here ...

He was a true beauty and as honest a horse as you could ever want ... gave his all every time out ...

He will truly be missed. He was a credit to the game and honestly, truly, one of my very favorites out here ... a TRUE REAL racehorse.

It was a horrible event seeing him go like that ... one I won't ever be forgetting.

Career Statistics:

•Starts: 28
•Firsts: 6
•Seconds: 8
•Earnings: $153,644

Of the pics I have, this one captures his true beauty and magnificence best ... (Click on it to make it bigger)

I am so very sorry you had to witness Big Note's agony, TTM.  He was a very handsome horse who always gave his best. 

Print
User actions