In Memoriam 2013

Started by jjacks1, October 25, 2013, 12:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tin Man

Cougarontheprowl ... (Click on the picture to make it bigger)

Broke down in her right front in the 4th race at Santa Anita today and was unfortunately euthanized.

It was only her 2nd career race.  :(

Career Statistics:

•Starts: 2
•Firsts: 1
•Seconds: 0
•Thirds: 0
•Earnings: $33,850

Catalina

Quote from: The Tin Man on February 06, 2014, 06:01:59 PM
Cougarontheprowl ... (Click on the picture to make it bigger)

Broke down in her right front in the 4th race at Santa Anita today and was unfortunately euthanized.

It was only her 2nd career race.  :(

Career Statistics:

•Earnings: $33,850

Was she ever beautiful!  Godspeed, girl.

The Tin Man

Rest in peace to Causewere Gamblers ... lost today at Santa Anita ... Race 3 ...

He was a 4 year old colt trained by Caesar Dominguez ... Who has last raced on August 16, 2012 until coming back to the track on January 26, 2014 ... THIS month he was making his 3rd start in 22 days ... dying in that start today ...

I think that's a little too much activity for a horse coming off of a 17 month layoff, personally ...

Career Statistics:

•Starts: 6
•Earnings: $20,620

Here's a pic of this poor fellow in the paddock before his fatal race today ... Click on the pic to see him better ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Tin Man

Also lost in the last race today at Santa Anita ... Notbyemyrules ...

A 4 year old filly trained by Daniel Dunham ... Dunham's 2nd fatality in 2 days ... Both in the last race at Santa Anita ... Very tragic ...  :'(

He had 3 career races before today ... The beyers were 19, 8 and 0 ... in that order ... Should this poor girl have even been on the track? Makes me wonder ...

May she rest in peace ...

Career Statistics:

•Starts: 4
•Firsts: 0
•Earnings: $1,000

Here is a pic of her from the paddock before her tragic ending today ... She was gorgeous ... Click on the pic to see her better ...

The Tin Man

Dunham's other loss, from yesterday at Santa Anita ... was Russian Silk ...

Her breakdown was particularly graphic, I'll not describe it here ... just suffice to say it was heartbreaking(but then again, aren't they all) ...

She was a 3 year old filly in just her 2nd career start ...

Career Statistics:

•Earnings: $500

Here she was in the paddock before her final race yesterday ... Click on her pic to see her better ...

serenassong

What the heck is going on out there? Earthquake, aftershocks and horses being lost? Not good at all.

R. I. P. for those we have lost lately.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

The Tin Man

Quote from: The Tin Man on March 30, 2014, 08:57:47 PM
Dunham's other loss, from yesterday at Santa Anita ... was Russian Silk ...

Her breakdown was particularly graphic, I'll not describe it here ... just suffice to say it was heartbreaking(but then again, aren't they all) ...

She was a 3 year old filly in just her 2nd career start ...

Career Statistics:

•Earnings: $500

Here she was in the paddock before her final race yesterday ... Click on her pic to see her better ...

Here's a new, and I think, better pic that I found of Russian Silk in the paddock before her last race last Saturday ...

The Tin Man

Probably the best picture that I have on file of Russian Silk ... From February 8th this year ...

The Tin Man

And here's a really good pic of her beautiful face ... Also from February 8th this year ...

Catalina

Quote from: The Tin Man on March 30, 2014, 08:38:25 PM
Rest in peace to Causewere Gamblers ... lost today at Santa Anita ... Race 3 ...

He was a 4 year old colt trained by Caesar Dominguez ... Who has last raced on August 16, 2012 until coming back to the track on January 26, 2014 ... THIS month he was making his 3rd start in 22 days ... dying in that start today ...

I think that's a little too much activity for a horse coming off of a 17 month layoff, personally ...

Career Statistics:

•Starts: 6
•Earnings: $20,620

Here's a pic of this poor fellow in the paddock before his fatal race today ... Click on the pic to see him better ...

I hate it when people unretire horses, to see whether they can either squeeze a few more dollars out of them, or in the hope that some good hearted person with deep pockets is there to rescue the horse from its current owners and trainers.

There's too much death and bad news in this sport lately.  Santa Anita seems to single-handedly account for several fatalities per week these days, and that's just the ones we know about.

RIP Causewere Gamblers, Russian Silk, Notbyemyrules, and Vagabond Shoes.

The Tin Man

La Jolla Cove who lost his life in the 2nd race at Santa Anita last Sunday ... He went wrong crossing the dirt on the 6 1/2 downhill turf course and became hobbled and dumped his jockey(Maldonado) was subsequently vanned off and ultimately euthanized due to fractured sesamoid in his left front.   :(

It was his debut start. He was a $275,000 purchase and ran for Ron Ellis.

Not the greatest pic, but it's the best one I have ... (Click on it to make it bigger) ...

The Tin Man

Granny Calling lost her life at Santa Anita last Friday ... She was a 5 year old mare running for G. F. Almeida ...

While she usually had decent spacing between her races ... Her fatal race was her 3rd race in a month.  :(

Career Statistics:

•Starts: 24
•Firsts: 3
•Seconds: 4
•Thirds: 2
•Earnings: $95,477

Here is a pic of her from January this year ... Click the pic to make it bigger.

The Tin Man

Hotradamus lost his life at Santa Anita last Thursday in an Allowance/Optional Claiming race ... He was a 6 year old gelding running for Mike Pender ... He ran his entire career on the SoCal circuit ...

He was a son of Unusual Heat ... Wish I had a better pic of him ... (Click On The Pic To Make Him Bigger)

Career Statistics:

•Starts: 20
•Firsts: 2
•Seconds: 2
•Thirds: 4
•Earnings: $149,082

Dusty

Thank you Tinny - for remembering these wonderful animals and for all the pictures -

May they Rest Well -
May they run with the wind

The Tin Man

Quote from: Dusty on May 08, 2014, 09:28:12 PM
Thank you Tinny - for remembering these wonderful animals and for all the pictures -

May they Rest Well -

You're welcome Dusty ... And thanks for commenting. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was even noticing the homages to them here ...  :(

Good to know someone is looking.

Print
User actions