Started by jjacks1, October 25, 2013, 12:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjacks1

Take Control Gorgeous photo credit to Marcie Heacox

Dullahan
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Flanders

This was posted on Facebook:

Accorded to HRI website yesterday, there are three Ballydoyle juveniles that are now listed 'dead':

Unraced:
Canary (Fastnet Rock x Leonia)

Unbeaten winner:
Illinois (Galileo x Chintz)

Unplaced runner:
Snow (Galileo x Secrete Marina)

Dusty

Take Control was a reall looker - so sad - RIP
May they run with the wind

Zenyatta

I didn't even know about this until I got a phone call from a fellow member here. What a shame they kept such an obviously unsound horse in training for so long, especially since despite his lack of graded stakes wins he still could have gotten a few mares in foal with his royal breeding (do we want more unsound genes, though?). Regardless, what a loss. I had a bad feeling about this horse with all his stops and starts from the beginning. 

Zenyatta

Pointsoffthebench, dual graded stakes winner and contender for BC Sprint, died on the track this morning.. .RIP. He was my favorite for the race.

Catalina

Condolences to Mike Smith and all of Pointsoffthebench's connections and fans.  What a heartbreaking turn of events, Yakteen's first ever G1 winner, on the verge of running in the BC.

jjacks1

RIP Points Offthebench. This has been a bad year.  :-X

jjacks1

Big Blue Sky 2010 Colt English Channel x Ting A Folie 16 starts 2-0-1 (Photo credit: Marcie Heacox)

Collided with another horse training at Golden Gate.

Heart's Music 2005  Mare Majesterian x Music To My Heart 90 starts 9-18-19
Fractured left hind leg training at Pleasanton.
90 starts? 8 yrs old? She hadn't earned a rest?

One Game Dude 2011 Gelding Game Plan x Lady Thatcher 1 start 0-0-0
Fractured sesamoids training at Golden Gate.

Stormin' Idiot 2011 Colt Idiot Proof x Stormy Racer 4 starts 0-0-1
Fractured right knee at Golden Gate.

RIP and condolences to their fans and connections. 

Catalina

Quote from: jjacks1 on October 26, 2013, 09:53:37 AM
RIP Points Offthebench. This has been a bad year.  :-X

:(  :'(

May they all RIP. 

Lakeway

Tears here - as an Alydar fan I follow his progeny and really enjoyed watching Points Offthebench and felt that he had a good chance to win his race.
Then I read jjacks1 post and 2 of the 4 also have Alydar bloodlines.
May ALL who were listed RIP and condolences to all of their connections...

Catalina

Quote from: jjacks1 on October 26, 2013, 10:34:57 AM
Big Blue Sky 2010 Colt English Channel x Ting A Folie 16 starts 2-0-1

Collided with another horse training at Golden Gate.

Poetry in motion...   :'(

Flanders

I don't recall seeing these yet.  But with all the forum issues, I thought they deserved to be told RIP.

Unbroken Dream - 10/8 - unseated exercise rider-ran loose to barn hitting flower box-fx LF leg-euthanized - Aqueduct training
Doyouseeme - 10/9  - suffered fx LF leg while breezing-euthanized on track - Belmont training
King Wando - 10/9 - fx RH leg while galloping-euthanized - Belmont training
Roih Jones - 10/9 - severe LF hoof infection-euthanized - Belmont non-racing
Congaree King - 10/15 - appeared lame after race-x-rays next day revealed Fx LF leg - Finger Lakes racing
Poppo - 10/26 - Poppo suffered a fracture to his right front leg while breezing on the main track. Poppo was euthanized on the track - Belmont training

jjacks1

Quote from: Flanders on October 26, 2013, 01:38:50 PM
I don't recall seeing these yet.  But with all the forum issues, I thought they deserved to be told RIP.

Unbroken Dream - 10/8 - unseated exercise rider-ran loose to barn hitting flower box-fx LF leg-euthanized - Aqueduct training
Doyouseeme - 10/9  - suffered fx LF leg while breezing-euthanized on track - Belmont training
King Wando - 10/9 - fx RH leg while galloping-euthanized - Belmont training
Roih Jones - 10/9 - severe LF hoof infection-euthanized - Belmont non-racing
Congaree King - 10/15 - appeared lame after race-x-rays next day revealed Fx LF leg - Finger Lakes racing
Poppo - 10/26 - Poppo suffered a fracture to his right front leg while breezing on the main track. Poppo was euthanized on the track - Belmont training

Thank you and may they RIP.  :'(

Dusty

Just wanted to keep this one

From the Exceller Fund - Verifiable - Son of Secretariat - So very sad - at least he had a year to run free.. Condolences to all who cared for him .

http://www.excellerfund.org/Domains/www ... 24-255.pdf
May they run with the wind

jjacks1

Hewitts 2004 (g) Concerto x Romance Me by Cozzene No photo credit given on PQ but this looks like Davids work (The Tin Man)

Unseated his rider then ran into a stationary object while training at Belmont Park October 26, 2013. RIP.  :'(

Polecat 2011 (c) First Samurai x Miss Thermal Tech by Distinctive Pro
Fractured his front leg breezing at Belmont Park October 26, 2013. RIP little guy.  :'(

Print
User actions