Waiting For News on .....

Started by jjacks1, October 25, 2013, 12:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjacks1

Sonic Dancer was put down after falling in the 6th race at Keeneland on October 23. Calvin Borel is hospitalized with a broken leg and will be out 6 to 8 weeks. RIP Sonic Dancer and thank God it wasn;t worse for Calvin.
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Raven

Indian Brut
A 2yr old with one start over a month ago i have not seen any workouts .  any info.?
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

BaroqueAgain1

Square Dancer tripped and went down in the 3rd at Santa Anita, according to the TVG guys, dumping jockey Joel Rosario. The horse got up and trotted off, but Joel still down on the course, last I heard.
  Boy, with Rosario just recovering from a serious injury and top horses to ride in the BC, a new injury would be horrible.

jjacks1

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on October 31, 2013, 02:22:55 PM
  Square Dancer tripped and went down in the 3rd at Santa Anita, according to the TVG guys, dumping jockey Joel Rosario. The horse got up and trotted off, but Joel still down on the course, last I heard.
  Boy, with Rosario just recovering from a serious injury and top horses to ride in the BC, a new injury would be horrible.

OMG I hope he's going to be okay.  :(

Catalina

We should know shortly - he's got a mount in the 5th and 7th race.

Catalina

Rosario's fine - he just won the 5th race.

BaroqueAgain1

Good.

Delamont

At least TVG had some mention.  NYRA coverage:  'You never saw it and it didn't happen.'
Somebody bet on the gray!

Catalina

Centralinteligence who got pulled up in the Dirt Mile.  Supposedly (not seen where info from) reported on Friday 11/1 as not life-threatening, but today reported in Paulick Report as fracture of lower cannon bone near fetlock, which does sound potentially life-threatening to me, especially for a gelding.

BaroqueAgain1

Has anyone noticed that the DRF Twitter feed on their website has not had any new Tweets since Oct. 31? That's unfortunate, because those writers usually have very good updates on stuff like this.
  I don't know why DRF has essentially turned off that section...could it be possible that all their writers are taking the weekend off? BC weekend?!?

jjacks1

Quote from: Catalina on November 02, 2013, 11:02:52 AM
Centralinteligence who got pulled up in the Dirt Mile.  Supposedly (not seen where info from) reported on Friday 11/1 as not life-threatening, but today reported in Paulick Report as fracture of lower cannon bone near fetlock, which does sound potentially life-threatening to me, especially for a gelding.

Oh no!  :(

jjacks1

Secret Compass went down in the Juvenile Fillies. They never went back just on to ND bullshoot. Any news? Did not look good.

Delamont

TVG at least has some updates.  The channel that is supposed to do the BC coverage has...football?  Why?
Somebody bet on the gray!

jjacks1

Quote from: Delamont on November 02, 2013, 12:24:05 PM
TVG at least has some updates.  The channel that is supposed to do the BC coverage has...football?  Why?

Because NBC is a bunch of morons. They showed the Juvenile Fillies in the middle of football coverage and are going back to Santa Anita at 3:30 ET. Like a damn pregame show was SO important.

Catalina

Secret Compass had to be euthanized.   RIP, Secret Compass.  Condolences to her owners and fans, and all her lads.  Wishing Johnny V a speedy recovery.

Print
User actions