In Memoriam 2013

Started by jjacks1, October 25, 2013, 12:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tin Man

Quote from: Catalina on May 25, 2014, 04:36:00 AM
I am so very sorry you had to witness Big Note's agony, TTM.  He was a very handsome horse who always gave his best.

That he was Catalina ... and thank you for taking the time to read of him ... and thanks for the condolences ... much appreciated ...

serenassong

That must have been awful to see that happening right in front of you. I have seen horses break down at a distance, and come undone, can only imagine how awful this must have been. Sorry about that.  May he R. I. P.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Dusty

From Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue:

We received devastating news this evening from adopter Gay Talmey that she had to humanely euthanize Luis's Especial last night. Louie had suffered a mercifully brief but serious illness, involving seizures and neurological problems likely caused by a migrating tumor. Gay adopted Louie from us in 2009; he was rescued at auction on Kentucky Derby Day of that year. We are so sorry for Gay. May our loveliest boy Louie, a.k.a. "Mr. Special", rest in peace.

Rest in Peace Old Friend - condolences to Gay and all those who grew to love Louie
May they run with the wind

Catalina

Quote from: Dusty on January 24, 2015, 06:37:16 PM
From Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue:

We received devastating news this evening from adopter Gay Talmey that she had to humanely euthanize Luis's Especial last night. Louie had suffered a mercifully brief but serious illness, involving seizures and neurological problems likely caused by a migrating tumor. Gay adopted Louie from us in 2009; he was rescued at auction on Kentucky Derby Day of that year. We are so sorry for Gay. May our loveliest boy Louie, a.k.a. "Mr. Special", rest in peace.

Rest in Peace Old Friend - condolences to Gay and all those who grew to love Louie

Oh, nooooo....  He seemed like such a delightful personality, and I was elated when SCTB was able to find him a safe haven.  Godspeed Luis's Especial, you will be remembered.
http://www.paulickreport.com/features/ottb-showcase/ottb-showcase-luiss-especial-a-k-a-louie/

Dusty

Quote from: Catalina on January 25, 2015, 11:19:09 AM
Oh, nooooo....  He seemed like such a delightful personality, and I was elated when SCTB was able to find him a safe haven.  Godspeed Luis's Especial, you will be remembered.
http://www.paulickreport.com/features/ottb-showcase/ottb-showcase-luiss-especial-a-k-a-louie/

Thank you so much for that link - he really was a Mr Special -
May they run with the wind

Catalina

I used to have a few more photos of him, and will post them if I happen to find them.  Alas, at least two computer crashes ago...

ElPrado

Chattel, a runner in the Ky Downs Juv Turf Sprint, did not survive it. He was knocked down by an uncontrolled horse and suffered a shoulder fracture. It was not repairable. He was euthanized on track.

Print
User actions