Main Menu

California Chrome

Started by The Tin Man, April 05, 2014, 09:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afleetphil

I'm a Wildcat Red guy too., but California Chrome may be the real deal. Lot of good horses this year including Wicked Strong, Constitution, Samraat.

Senator L

No doubt California chrome is the rel deal, but there will be some
new variables in the Kentucky Derby. There is an old race track
saying when betting "if you didn't go to the wedding, don't go
to the funeral".

Zenyatta

Chrome had a good work yesterday and is headed to the San Diego Handicap at Del Mar next month. Chrome vs Beholder - now THAT promises to be a race for the ages.

Man o Taz

Indeed.

Two future Hall of Famers squaring off. That does not happen often.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

So what does everyone think about California Chrome possibly running for 2017, too?

Or is it too early?

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

stark

Quote from: Man o Taz on June 10, 2016, 12:49:12 PM
So what does everyone think about California Chrome possibly running for 2017, too?

Or is it too early?

Femme Fatale's will decide it, needs his dancecard filled up!

CA_Chrome

Being from the Los Angeles area myself, I sort of have a hometown hero kind of feeling toward Chrome. So I've tried to keep up with news and info about him daily. Best as I can read the tea leaves, I think Taylor Made wants him at the farm next year, but it's unclear just how much influence they have over Mr. Martin's thoughts on the matter. Probably stating the obvious, but I think everything will rest on how Chrome does in the remainder of this year's races. My own personal wish and hope is that he goes to stud next breeding season.

Dusty

Chrome looks AWESOME - I do think he is stronger and he is fit - I think the decision will be made based on how he runs - not sure Perry has a real voice here - thank goodness
May they run with the wind

stark

Word from those in the know....he was just cruising and didn't break a sweat this morning.

CalChrome 5f work Sat LRC: 25.80, 37.60, 49.40, 1:01. Out 1:14.40. Official 1:01 per clocker Russ Hudak

CA_Chrome

Bloodhorse.com article:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/212382/california-chrome-drills-at-los-alamitos

Adding link to page with a brief clip of Chrome's work this morning. Shows him really motoring down the stretch. https://twitter.com/tarferg

stark

Ohh lucky us.....Steve Coburn has his sister!

R Sunday Surprise, Lucky Pulpit-Love The Chase by Not For Love, a full sister to California Chrome, debuts in the 1st at Santa Anita Thursday, June 16

Jockey: Rafael Bejarano
Trainer: Doug F. O'Neill
Owner: Silver State Racing LLC, Godwin, A., Melton, A., Melton, C., Morgan, J. et al.
Breeder: Perry Martin & Steve Coburn

CA_Chrome

Some really sweet photos of Chrome here greeting a 2-year-old visitor: https://www.facebook.com/1692849160948428/photos/pcb.1805695829663760/1805695676330442/?type=3&theater

Chrome loves visitors. Taylor Made said more than 1000 people visited him in the short time he was at the farm for his breather after Dubai last month.

My favorite one:

Man o Taz

Incredible. Thanks!

CA_Chrome

Chrome had a fast 5F work at Los Al this morning: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/212589/california-chrome-speedy-in-los-al-work

Went :59 1/5 with splits of :24 1/5, :47 2/5, and final furlong in :11 4/5. On the gallop out he was timed at 1:12 2/5 for 6F. All without blinkers. From the accompanying photo on Bloodhorse.com, Chrome's coat has almost a mirror shine.

ElPrado

Oh, obviously needs rest. Poor guy is trying to run through his skin. Don't worry. I don't think he needs to be wrapped in cotton balls. I do get sarcastic. ;)

Print
User actions