Racing Silks Database

Started by jjacks1, October 29, 2013, 02:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjacks1

I have been wanting to do something like this for quite awhile. Since I paint and color old photos, I am continually frustrated by trying to find the racing silks colors in black-and-white photos. So I was thinking that a database of sorts would be nice. I could use some suggestions from everyone about the best way to do this. I was thinking alphabetical by owner/and stable using pictures like the one below:

Vanderbilt II, Alfred G.

We would include modern silks also but any suggestions about how best to do this would be very much appreciated! HELP!  :D
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Flanders

I think its a great idea, though it sounds like a huge project.  Alphabetical order by stable name/owner would be ideal.

jjacks1

I think alphabetical would be best also. Could make a category/post for each letter A thru Z and that way people could just click on the letter they needed. Could sticky those and have a discussion/questions/request thread also. I know it would be a huge project LOL that's why I'm trying to consider how to best do it before just plunging in. Doing it then having to rearrange it all would really suck.  ;)

jjacks1

Sorry I have not been posting as much but I am working on the racing silks database on the other side of TBR fans. I'm on the letter J now. This, of course, is not a complete list through J - somehow I doubt this project will EVER be complete!  :lmao:

Zenyatta

Quote from: jjacks1 on November 06, 2013, 11:57:40 AM
Sorry I have not been posting as much but I am working on the racing silks database on the other side of TBR fans. I'm on the letter J now. This, of course, is not a complete list through J - somehow I doubt this project will EVER be complete!  :lmao:

These are the silks I mentioned to you the other day. They crack me up!
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/only-in-california-a-bikini-in-the-winner-s-circle/

BaroqueAgain1

One thing I appreciate about Australian racing is that they show the silks (same sort of diagram as your example) when they show the horses' names in the post parade. Really helps me follow the horses in the race, since their saddle towels are all the same color.

jjacks1

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on November 09, 2013, 12:08:08 PM
One thing I appreciate about Australian racing is that they show the silks (same sort of diagram as your example) when they show the horses' names in the post parade. Really helps me follow the horses in the race, since their saddle towels are all the same color.

If I have questions about Australian racing, now I know who to ask!  :hug:
That IS awesome that they do that - sometimes finding information about silks in America is a needle in a haystack thing!

Flanders

If you need help researching colors or trying to find someone's silks, let me know.  I like trying to find stuff on the internet.  ;)

Zenyatta

Quote from: Flanders on November 09, 2013, 04:16:04 PM
If you need help researching colors or trying to find someone's silks, let me know.  I like trying to find stuff on the internet.  ;)

Flanders, on behalf of jjacks1, here's a group hug. :hug:

curtis

I have a ton of old programs dating back to the 1930's--all from the west coast--that I use for research for my artwork.  I can look up silks if you give me specific information.

jjacks1

Thank both of you for volunteering! Beware, I may take you up on that!  :lmao:

Print
User actions