Main Menu

DRF Past Performances

Started by blunny, May 06, 2019, 09:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blunny

Three of us our planning to purchase one year subscription of PP's from DRF
The annual cost is 1300 a year. The more that sign up the price will go down
With 3 its $433.
If you join one member downloads the PP's and sends them out daily usually by the
evening before race day.
You supply the person who sends them out your top preferences.
If you need a special card for one day all you need to do is email the download member.
Also included is a sheet from a software package with picks. You would get an
explanation of how to interpret the info.
Contact me
Bob Lunny

[email protected]
Rolling Thunder

Cigarshop

Blunny

That's a great idea, wish I used the DRF but for past 8 years only use BRIS
I hope a few on this forum join your cause to help lower your expenses

Roamin

I get my pp's at no cost.

blunny

Quote from: Cigarshop on May 06, 2019, 11:17:34 AM
Blunny

That's a great idea, wish I used the DRF but for past 8 years only use BRIS
I hope a few on this forum join your cause to help lower your expenses

Do you know where their is info on interpreting bris net figures
Rolling Thunder

blunny

Quote from: Roamin on May 06, 2019, 12:49:18 PM
I get my pp's at no cost.

You get free pp's from a betting site or is their another way
Rolling Thunder

Roamin

First I go here     .https://www.equibase.com/static/entry/index.html

Then I go here.  http://www.horse-races.net/library/links-pastperformances.htm#free

I pick out the track I want, it will show the dates you need.  Click on the track.  The races  will be there  After you click on the horses it will show the sire.  This when you go to pp's.  Click on the sire and it will come up for that horse and the date.  If nothing is there go to trainers and so on.  A little work but the price is right.  Nothing. The pp's come up Brisnet

Roamin

After you get the entries put it on the bottom so that you can just click on it and the page is there.. Do the same for the pp's so you can go back and forth. It gets easy after you do it for a while.  There are times you can't get either sire or trainer, that's when I make a guess on the jockey that I am familiar with.  This all works for me but everyone might not like the effort.  Hope this is helpful to all that reads this.  I just don't like paying for things I can get for nothing.  There was a time I paid $.50 cents for the racing form. now they want $6.00.

Dusty

THANK YOU ROAMIN!!
May they run with the wind

blunny

Thanks
Rolling Thunder

Cigarshop

Blunny:

HOW ARE THE BRIS SPEED RATINGS CALCULATED ?
BRIS Speed Ratings are based on a variation of the "projection method" which some other popular speed figures are based. Unlike others, BRIS uses an objective, computer precise method to make the final time projections rather than using the subjective opinion of one handicapper. The past performances of every horse competing in a given field is examined with the painstaking detail only a computer can do. The projections generated by Bloodstock Research's computer system are based on proprietary techniques and algorithms which have been rigorously tested and long proven over hundreds of thousands of races. This computer precision enables the BRIS Speed Ratings to use the most accurate projections and variants possible.
ARE BRIS SPEED RATINGS COMPARABLE ACROSS DIFFERENT TRACKS ?
Yes. Since the ratings are "fully adjusted" (reflecting both daily and track-to-track variants), they are comparable across all North American racetracks.

HOW MANY SPEED POINTS REPRESENT ONE LENGTH ?
The BRIS Speed Ratings points-per-length scale is based on the long accepted premise that as distances increase the value of a length decreases. On the BRIS Speed Ratings scale one length is approximately equal to 1 1/2 pts in sprints and approximately 1 point in routes.

CAN BRIS SPEED RATINGS BE COMPARED FROM DIFFERING DISTANCES ?
Yes. BRIS Speed Ratings have been designed to make easy comparisons of all races, regardless of distance. A speed rating of 85 in a sprint is theoretically equivalent to a speed rating of 85 in a route. However, a sprint speed rating of 85 does not mean that the same horse is capable of earning an 85 in a route race. Horses are individuals, not machines - each horse has their own distance limitations.

Roamin

All I know I issued a way of getting PP's.  I did so, it works for me.  Don't use it so go ahead and spend your hard earned money for the same info. Good luck.  Instead of spending the money for DRF.  Send me the money and I'll do it for a fraction of the cost. lol  Good Luck

blunny

I will not give money to Brisnet or DRF. Here in Texas we are not allowed to bet online, only at the track.
So, I enter only fantasy contests which are free. Most supply PP's which are Brisnet, but I do not understand their numbers and was looking for some help.
Thanks CS
Rolling Thunder

Roamin

ALL I KNOW IT WORKS FOR ME

Roamin

There is another way, throw darts and stay with that number all the way thru the card. Now that's real handicapping.

THUNDER CAT

Hey, I thought I was the only one doing that
Lost Springs Ranch

Print
User actions