Tiznow Offspring

Started by Zenyatta, October 25, 2013, 06:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

I always wanted to make this thread over on TBC and somehow never did. This is a good opportunity to do it here!

Wednesday @ Laurel, a Tiznow filly who seems to be on the upswing won another race on the turf. Her name, unfortunately, should be in the "Worst Names" thread.  Her name is Thegalthatwasaboy.

Tiz The Truth worked 3f MT ft in :36.80 H (2/9) at SA, 10/24/13.  He's entered in an allowance later in the week.

Zenyatta

Woo hoo! Tim Yakteen trainee Afflication, a 4 year old gelding, just won the 6th @ SA by 13+ lengths. A return to the dirt did him some good. Looks like 12,500 was a good confidence builder. Should move up next time, with any luck. 

(gelding him didn't hurt either, er, no pun intended)

Zenyatta

Fantasy of Flight, an underachieving 5 year old mare, will be running in the Turnback the Alarm (G3) @ Belmont today. This will be her first start for Pletcher.  I liked his comment this morning on HRTV, "She's a big scopey filly, a route of ground should suit her."  She had been running mostly in sprints up until now.

Zenyatta

After a VERY long layoff, Tizracer runs in the 7th at Gulfstream today. He had briefly been on the TC trail last year before being injured and put on the shelf. He returns favored off a year layoff (after being injured in last year's Dixiana).

Zenyatta

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 26, 2013, 09:52:01 AM
After a VERY long layoff, Tizracer runs in the 7th at Gulfstream today. He had briefly been on the TC trail last year before being injured and put on the shelf. He returns favored off a year layoff (after being injured in last year's Dixiana).

He was dreadful, but then Tiznows tend to run poorly at Gulfstream. Take him back to Belmont and see if he improves.

Zenyatta

Tiz the Truth and Fury Kapkori face each other in the 5th today @ SA. Tiz the Truth's last race was very good, hope he doesn't bounce off that effort.

In the Chelsea Flower for 2 year old fillies on turf @ BEL, one Tiznow filly (Fierce Boots) has an outside chance (though she did not fare well in her only turf start), while Duff One, who will run at much shorter odds, is a daughter of Harlan's Holiday out of Acadiana, a Tiznow mare.

Zenyatta

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 27, 2013, 08:27:41 AM
Tiz the Truth and Fury Kapkori face each other in the 5th today @ SA. Tiz the Truth's last race was very good, hope he doesn't bounce off that effort.

In the Chelsea Flower for 2 year old fillies on turf @ BEL, one Tiznow filly (Fierce Boots) has an outside chance (though she did not fare well in her only turf start), while Duff One, who will run at much shorter odds, is a daughter of Harlan's Holiday out of Acadiana, a Tiznow mare.

Tiz the Truth won the 5th with some scorching fractions (sub-:22 first quarter); Fury Kapkori re-rallied for 3rd. He got a crappy trip, being taken very wide on the first turn.

Zenyatta

Tiznow is off to a darned good start for 2014!

Fierce Boots - won the Busanda @ Aqueduct (same race where Princess of Sylmar caught my eye last year).  Unfortunately, I just don't think Bootsy has the class of POS, but we shall see, maybe the lead is exactly where she'd like to be.

Fantasy of Flight - 2nd in the Interborough @ Aqueduct.  She has a bad case of seconditis.  Ugh. 

Fury Kapkori got a 110 Equibase figure for a monster effort @ SA.  I look for big things from him in 2014.

Party Now broke her maiden impressively on the turf @ Gulfstream 1/2.  Nice 3 year old filly, looks like her home is on turf.

and last but definitely not least, Only In America, 4 year old full brother to Well Armed, broke his maiden at Tampa Bay 1/3. 

Flanders

Quote from: Zenyatta on October 27, 2013, 03:16:24 PM
Tiz the Truth won the 5th with some scorching fractions (sub-:22 first quarter); Fury Kapkori re-rallied for 3rd. He got a crappy trip, being taken very wide on the first turn.
Unfortunately, Tiz The Truth dies from infection/.  May he RIP

Zenyatta

I've followed Tiznow's progeny from Folklore, his first and only BC winner, till yesterday's Shiemaker Mile placing by Tourist. One day, Tourist will get that G1. Given his stellar performance at Kentucky Downs last year, perhaps that kind of track configuration would be to his liking? Maybe the BC Turf Sprint?

Just now, Tizacinch broke his maiden @ Belmont in the 1st race. I don't recall his having started on turf before. This we hope is where he will stay.

Raven

Tizacinch run on turf many times before he broke his maiden!
if I'm not mistaken
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Zenyatta

Quote from: Raven on June 07, 2016, 12:41:55 PM
Tizacinch run on turf many times before he broke his maiden!
if I'm not mistaken

Maybe not at Belmont? Well, maybe it was just his time! ;)

Raven

14 Lifetime starts, All on turf
At least 3 at Belmont 1 at Aqueduct 1 at Saratoga, the rest at Gulf
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Print
User actions