PICK OF THE DAY!

Started by Raven, November 17, 2013, 08:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Zippo today - taking another shot

1/20 Santa Anita Race 8 #11 Wings of Mohave - big field I like outside horses on the downhill Nakatani can do amazing things...
May they run with the wind

peeptoad

SA2 San Pedro S.
That Baffert horse is getting hammered off only one career race, though it was a good one. Might not get that pace to run at, I'm going with #3 Papa Turf. Plus exacta ALL/2.

Good luck

peeptoad

Alright, now I'm really taking a break to recharge...  :tongue:

Dance With Gable

Quote from: peeptoad on January 20, 2014, 01:03:41 PM
Alright, now I'm really taking a break to recharge...  :tongue:

Cut yourself some slack Peep. Attempting to go against Indianapolis was a tall task. I'm sure you knew that. You took a shot.

Indianapolis has been at the top of my Derby list with Shared Belief since his debut race. Heck ... seeing him in the paddock PRE his debut race, I thought hed be a bada$$! His time was pretty damn "nifty" today. He's a visually impressive horse who is very professional. No shame in not beating him.

The challenge was picking the 2nd place horse today ... which you did. The winner was pretty much a forgone conclusion.

Don't be so tough on yourself.  :)

Dusty

Quote from: Dusty on January 19, 2014, 08:13:17 PM
Zippo today - taking another shot

1/20 Santa Anita Race 8 #11 Wings of Mohave - big field I like outside horses on the downhill Nakatani can do amazing things...

Poop right rider - wrong race - should have gone with 9 Wonderful lie in the the 7th,,,ah well..
May they run with the wind

peeptoad

Quote from: Dance With Gable on January 20, 2014, 03:08:06 PM
Cut yourself some slack Peep. Attempting to go against Indianapolis was a tall task. I'm sure you knew that. You took a shot.

Indianapolis has been at the top of my Derby list with Shared Belief since his debut race. Heck ... seeing him in the paddock PRE his debut race, I thought hed be a bada$$! His time was pretty damn "nifty" today. He's a visually impressive horse who is very professional. No shame in not beating him.

The challenge was picking the 2nd place horse today ... which you did. The winner was pretty much a forgone conclusion.

Don't be so tough on yourself.  :)

Lol, thanks. Yeah picking against that horse was a bit over the top, esp. with the scratch of the 'Dorf horse, but that's the exact type of chalk that fails miserably on occasion, so I had to take a shot. With about 3 mtp I figured they might lay closer to the pace with him, and they did... he probably would have won anyway. 2nd horse was clear... just not the result I was hoping for.

Dance With Gable

Oh I get your point. I often try that angle too. But I think this guy is special. I won't be trying to beat him until I see him lose.

Now Midnight Hawk is a different story. He physically doesn't look so hot IMHO. Looks heavy ... overweight ... and I've seen nothing special with his brain and his run last out was very unimpressive. I WILL be betting against him next out. He's very "ho hum" to me.

Indianapolis, on the other hand, is the ONLY horse I see as a threat to Shared Belief out here. That is, IF he can get the distance.

If not, barring injury, I see him being an excellent sprinter for as long as he runs.He's REALLY smart and quite the imposing physical presence. He has that "Oh wow!" Effect on me in the paddock. There's an aura about him.

Senator L

GP race 10 Holy Bull GR III :chickendance:

I don't like many of the favorites in here and hope my opinion gets rewarded.

The only one of the fav's I do like is the #1 Coup de Grace
but I also like the 5,9,10. Since I don't know who the winner will be I'll box 1,5,9,10
and since this is pick of the day whoever has the longest odds at
post time will be my selection for ws
Good luck

peeptoad

Quote from: Senator L on January 24, 2014, 02:30:18 PM
GP race 10 Holy Bull GR III :chickendance:

I don't like many of the favorites in here and hope my opinion gets rewarded.

The only one of the fav's I do like is the #1 Coup de Grace
but I also like the 5,9,10. Since I don't know who the winner will be I'll box 1,5,9,10
and since this is pick of the day whoever has the longest odds at
post time will be my selection for ws
Good luck

We must have handicapped this one in a similar manner because, of the potential favorites, I also prefer Coup de grace. I also really like the 5 as a longshot. Normally horses like that are something of a toss for me (maiden winner> graded stakes), but I don't think there is all that much separating the higher profile horses in here, and they are largely unproven so far. The other interesting thing is that the 1 Coup de Grace and the 5 Our Caravan are the only two in the field that have not attempted stakes company yet. All the others have tried and, more often than not, failed in open stakes company. I just think there might be more upside for the 1 and the 5.
Was thinking of boxing the 1,5,7,8, but if the Remsen turns out to be a dud race, then why go with the also-rans in the exacta here? I might just throw a large P/S bet on the 5.

good luck

Senator L

Oh well, cairo prince looked good today lol
Get em next time

peeptoad

Cairo Prince looked very good. I bet he shoots to the top of a few lists now...

Senator L

I hope so, I still don't thik he'll win at a 1 1/8 th or longer

peeptoad

Quote from: Senator L on January 27, 2014, 06:20:01 AM
I hope so, I still don't thik he'll win at a 1 1/8 th or longer

That's always possible... his sire did fairly well running 2nd in the Derby on that extremely tiring, muddy surface. The grand sire won the Belmont, so the top half has stamina anyway.

Senator L

Gp r9 thrs if stays on turf
#1 Headwing
Ws
Good luck

Raven

2/1
Aque.  Race#2

#1  Jealous
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Print
User actions