PICK OF THE DAY!

Started by Raven, November 17, 2013, 08:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senator L

Hwpark race 6 #9 rookie sensation
Goodluck

peeptoad

going for 0-3 here...  :headshake:

Hollywood 6: #2 Infinite Magic WPS at ~9/2 or better.

good luck!

Senator L

Sad to say im in the ofer clubhouse :slap:

peeptoad

Quote from: Senator L on December 01, 2013, 03:59:17 PM

I'm with you... the dog house, ha ha.

The Tin Man

I sucked the week before too ... that's why I didn't offer anything up last week ...

Maybe this coming weekend will be better!  8)

Raven

Quote from: The Tin Man on December 03, 2013, 09:16:31 AM

I sucked the week before too ... that's why I didn't offer anything up last week ...

No Egg Drop for you Tin Man?   
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Dusty

12/4 Shooting for it.....

Aqueduct Race 3 #4 Regulus = will be overlooked
May they run with the wind

The Tin Man

Quote from: Raven on December 03, 2013, 06:06:30 PM
Quote from: The Tin Man on December 03, 2013, 09:16:31 AM

No Egg Drop for you Tin Man?

I LOVE her and I knew she would bust her butt ... like she always does ...

But ... I thought with the class hike and all of the shippers she might snag 2nd on heart alone, but didn't think she'd get the win.

So I played her in 2nd, 3rd and 4th in my Superfecta.

I would have missed it anyway, as I didn't use Discreet Marq. So I was cheering hard for Egg Drop to win and was EXTREMELY happy when she did ... as were a lot of those in attendance, as there was a loud roar from the cloud when they put her up.

I was kicking myself for not putting a side win bet on Egg Drop. As it turned out, I didn't deserve to win on her since I didn't credit her as possibly getting the top spot.

But her win FAR outweighed any disappointment with not getting paid. Suffice it to say that I was ecstatic for her and Mike Mitchell.

Mike was sitting right behind us and I spoke with him for a couple of minutes after he returned from the winner's circle. He adores little Egg Drop. She tries SO hard and lays it on the line every time out and seems to rise to every occasion ... I got the distinct impression while talking with him, that he sees a lot of himself in her. Battling the odds, giving their all and overcoming them.

She's special to him and it shows. SOOOOO happy for her and him.   :)

Raven

I loved her in that race!  I only bet on three races at Holy on Sunday.

I had her on top in the exacta only with the #2 and #3.

When the #2 went by her i was like Nooo but she dug in and she is now one of my favorites after that gutsy win!!!

Btw that was the only race that i cashed out of the three that i bet on at Holy on Sunday.

The Tin Man

Quote from: Raven on December 04, 2013, 07:16:18 AM
I loved her in that race!  I only bet on three races at Holy on Sunday.

I had her on top in the exacta only with the #2 and #3.

When the #2 went by her i was like Nooo but she dug in and she is now one of my favorites after that gutsy win!!!

Btw that was the only race that i cashed out of the three that i bet on at Holy on Sunday.

You're doing better than I have been lately. I've been getting smoked at HollyPark. Hopefully that turns around soon.

As far as Egg Drop? That's nice to hear ... She's definitely very fanworthy. She lays it down every time out.

I really thought she was outclassed. It was BECAUSE of her immense heart that I even played her into 2nd. While The Matriarch was my favorite race of hers because of the significance and that she was even passed and had to come back ... it's pretty much, as far as heart, how she runs EVERY race.

I'm not sure how closely you followed her before, but if it wasn't super close ... I'd suggest going to CalRacing.com and watching pretty much any of her races ... she shows THAT type of effort EVERY time out ... You'd be sure to enjoy them.

Glad you cashed on her. Glad you had faith in her. :)

And mostly ... Glad you're a fan of her ... She certainly deserves that! Tough, tough filly! Adorable too!  :D

Raven

I've never seen her run before. I picked her because off her last race !
Now she is in my vs.

I hope she comes to the east coast next summer!

Dusty

12/5 Hollywood Park Race 3 #1 Lakota Road

Dusty

Ok I am not doing so well so I am making my best pick AND a longshot pick

Hollywood 12/6

Race 2 #3 Raven's Wild

LONGSHOT = ML 10-1 or higher

Race 7 #3 Rauschenberg

The Tin Man

OK ... I'll bite ...

The 2 ones I feel most confident about for Friday at HP are ...

Rocky Barboa - 1st Race ... Odds 6-1.

Stoney Fleece - 4th Race ... Odds 5/2.

Senator L

Sat dec 7 calder race 6 turf
#7 Exothermic
I like this horse. Distance should be fine as he is by Empire Maker, should also get ample pace to run at. Calders turf is kind of tight so going wide the whole way is of concern. I did like the 1 fefr? Last time but he seems kinda one paced late and will be to short of price for me.
Good luck

Print
User actions