PICK OF THE DAY!

Started by Raven, November 17, 2013, 08:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

Quote from: peeptoad on May 28, 2016, 04:39:39 AM
Only 1 for today (and possibly the entire weekend since I'll be hanging at fire pits, BBQs, and drive-in theaters for the next 3 days!):

SA10: #6 Bert's Melody 5/1 ML- WP at ~9/2+

good luck!!

Nice pick but you shouldn't have bet so much, drove the price down to 9/5 and earned a 89 Beyer for the win, congrats!

Senator L

Nice picking Peeptoad and Raven
Sun SA R9 #2 Patentar win  :chickendance: (for good luck)

Raven

Thanks Senator
i will take a look at your pick in the 9th

here is my pick in the 7th at SA
#8 Dothraki
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Raven

Quote from: Raven on May 29, 2016, 04:53:12 PM
Thanks Senator
i will take a look at your pick in the 9th

here is my pick in the 7th at SA
#8 Dothraki
Dothraki run a big race @15-1 to loose the race by half a length for first and a nose for second after leading the field to the wire.

AAAGH i had 7,8 exacta.

Raven

SA
Race #9   #9 Big Discovery

Spiro

Raven

Quote from: Senator L on May 29, 2016, 11:08:46 AM
Nice picking Peeptoad and Raven
Sun SA R9 #2 Patentar win  :chickendance: (for good luck)
Great pick Senator!!!
Second @30-1

Dusty

Quote from: stark on May 29, 2016, 08:35:06 AM
8th and Feature Race, the G2 Charlie Whittingham at 1 1/4 on Santa Anita's fast 'n firm turf course today.

Mike Smith is going to give 'em a riding lesson today at 15/1 on the morning line, his SI SAGE for James Cassidy will get a lone frontrunner trip and take them as far as he can, and you can bet Smith will save something for the stretch drive, maybe even drifting up to much higher odds.

Keep an eye on the rear view mirror, logical contender BAL A BALI for Fox Hill at 5/2 should enjoy the stetchout an extra 1/4 mile and the same can be said for FINNIGANS WAKE @ 5/1 with Espinoza up, they'll be a coming!

So there's your trifecta and I'm betting it comes in the longshot way, enjoy Super Sunday at the great race place.

Nice win pick!
May they run with the wind

Senator L

Darn! Wish I had seen your post Stark  :chickendance:
You nailed it

stark

Thanks!

peeptoad

Nice pickin', y'all!

One for today: BEL7: #1 Macagone

good luck!

stark

The 8th and featured G1 Gamely Stakes at 1 1/8th on the fast 'n firm SA turf course for fillies and mares should be a good one today.

With folks looking for a life changing score and a million dollar P6 ticket, the logical choice is to go with the free bingo square heavy favorite shipping in for Chad Brown, WEKEELA.  Not only do you get a horse that ran second to Tepin first time in the states but you also get Javier Castellano along for the ride, tough combo to beat.

But we're not famous for picking the chalk here :lmao:

We're going with a different handicapping angle called "the Victor Espinoza redemption" play o' the day.  Second back off the layoff         #5 ELEKTRUM at a juicy 6/1 on the morning line coulda shoulda woulda won last time out in the G2 Royal Heroine mile.  It's one of those races where you have to watch the replay and just feel sorry for her stuck behind horses full of run (and me with tickets in hand at 12/1).

Victor retains the mount for Sadler who also has the short priced rail horse in here, so we're looking at the "other half" of the not-so hidden entry today.  The added furlong today is just what this closer needs, and Victor will keep her in the clear, he owes the connections and her backers one today!!!

peeptoad

Quote from: peeptoad on May 30, 2016, 10:05:49 AM
Nice pickin', y'all!

One for today: BEL7: #1 Macagone

good luck!
22 and 44 flat half killed him.  :chickendance:

I like Elektrum a bit stark... but probably not betting that race. Hard to see past the chalk.

peeptoad

SA 06/04/16

R6: #4 Home Run Kitten- WP
R7: #4 Taris- WP

All respect to Beholder, but I can't resist Taris at the ML price. good luck!

Raven

Belmont
race#6    #3 Uptown Liza 8-1 ML

peeptoad

Good luck Raven! I'm looking at the BEL feature right now... kind of liking Grey Stark. Might bet that one if the odds stay near ML.

Print
User actions