ESPINOZA UPDATE

Started by RUFFIAN, July 25, 2018, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RUFFIAN

:forruffian:     Published in Bloodhorse Daily Edition Thursday July 26 - Bloodhorse Staff

Injured jockey Victor Espinoza is making progress at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, according to his agent, Brian Beach.

Beach said July 25 the rider will be hospitalized at least until July 26 following the fracture of his C3 vertebra during a fall July 22 at Del Mar, while he was working grade 2 winner Bobby Abu Dhabi, who died from an apparent cardiac event.

The fracture in Espinoza's neck will be treated with a brace he'll have to wear for six weeks, but the reason for his extended hospitalization has been nerve sensitivity in his left shoulder and arm. That sensitivity, however, has diminished over the last 24 hours, Beach said.

"He's feeling much better," the agent said.
"He was having quite a bit of sensitivity to nerves in his arm and shoulder.

They still hadn't wiped the racetrack off of him until yesterday, because he was so sensitive to the touch. But now that that's going down, he's been able to do more things with his arms.

Victor Espinoza is recovering from injuries suffered in a July 22 fall at Del Mar

"There was no pain unless someone touched his arm, and then it would light up."

Beach said Espinoza is in good spirits and was visited by trainer Bob Baffert and his wife, Jill Baffert, Tuesday. Espinoza has also been walking around and doing some physical therapy, Beach said.

"He was smiling and joking around today," Beach said.
"He's happy to see feeling coming back to his arms

Published in Bloodhorse Daily Edition Thursday July 26 - Bloodhorse Staff
MAY THE PURRRRRRRRRR BE WITH YOU
                      =^,,^=

" JOURNEY NOT UPON THE PATH OF ANOTHER
      LEST YOU ARRIVE AT THEIR DESTINATION ~
                     AND NOT YOUR OWN! 😔 "

www.RUFFIAN333.com

🐎         😻       🐕

stark

From his agent....

July 26th update: #VictorEspinoza is making more progress today. He was up and walking the hallways of the hospital and is ready for his move to a rehab facility which should happen later today or tomorrow. Still a little bit of work to do regaining upper body strength.

RUFFIAN

:forruffian:

STARK =  :thanks:
GOOD TO HEAR BUT A LONG JOURNEY AHEAD
BUT THE SILVER LINING IS
BETTER A HOSPITAL BED THAN A COFFIN!  :OMG:   :mallet:   :lightbulb:
MAY THE PURRRRRRRRRR BE WITH YOU
                      =^,,^=

" JOURNEY NOT UPON THE PATH OF ANOTHER
      LEST YOU ARRIVE AT THEIR DESTINATION ~
                     AND NOT YOUR OWN! 😔 "

www.RUFFIAN333.com

🐎         😻       🐕

curtis

Glad Victor is doing well, considering. I've met him a couple of times—once over at Milton's in Del Mar—and he's a really nice man. I'm also glad his nephew got his name straightened out, by the way, the kid can ride.

stark

I'll take the overs on whatever return date they announce,
if ever.

The notion that he could be a healthy, happy, wealthy retired Mexican has to be pretty appealing to him.

curtis

Quote from: stark on August 03, 2018, 09:17:56 AM
I'll take the overs on whatever return date they announce,
if ever.

The notion that he could be a healthy, happy, wealthy retired Mexican has to be pretty appealing to him.
I always got the idea from Victor that he's not a lifer and that when it's over he'll move on to other things. You won't see him as an exercise rider or go into training or teach competitive dancing.😉

Senator L

Sure glad he is o.k. and will get better  :celebrate:

Print
User actions