Main Menu

Justify retired

Started by BaroqueAgain1, July 25, 2018, 11:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

Curtis,
does that mean Justify could lose by a length and it would be considered a "quality start" by today's standards vs. yesteryear?

curtis

Quote from: stark on July 26, 2018, 08:59:48 AM
Curtis,
does that mean Justify could lose by a length and it would be considered a "quality start" by today's standards vs. yesteryear?
I'm not sure I'm completely qualified to answer that. You might want to consult Stewart Elliot unless 2004 qualifies as yesteryear.

RUFFIAN

:forruffian:

My horse loving heart agrees with retirement  :girlkiss:

Because he has proven himself
By winning the Triple Crown undefeated
He has done it in the slop
He has done it on a dry track
He has faced and defeated all competition
                 :celebrate:

There is no way I would take a chance on a break down ...  :'(
...or death of such a wonderful horse!!!

Winning another race With the risk of a breakdown or death..
           In my opinion is never worth that chance!
                                   :lightbulb:
MAY THE PURRRRRRRRRR BE WITH YOU
                      =^,,^=

" JOURNEY NOT UPON THE PATH OF ANOTHER
      LEST YOU ARRIVE AT THEIR DESTINATION ~
                     AND NOT YOUR OWN! 😔 "

www.RUFFIAN333.com

🐎         😻       🐕

Raven

Quote from: curtis on July 26, 2018, 08:42:19 AM
:lightbulb:I do apologize if you interpreted that I was labeling you with my comment. I did qualify it with "these boards," but I should have been more specific in terms of not referring to you personally.

The sport is based on disagreements, that's fine. Justify doesn't get the respect he deserves, in my opinion, for example his name is misspelled on the header for this thread. Things are different now all around. I'm a Dodger fan and a big Clayton Kershaw fan. Guys like Koufax, Drysdale and Sutton—Hall of Famers, all—were expected to and usually went 9 innings. Kershaw goes 7 and is breaking down physically at barely 30 years of age. Still a great pitcher though, just a different context.

Be well!
No need to apologize.   The word that prompted me to respond  that way was  'You" in relation to the tinfoil hat

Peace
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

curtis

I can see that. I should have worded it "that one could wear."  My wife proofreads my creative writing but as yet, not internet rants.😉

BaroqueAgain1

Good grief...I can't believe I misspelled Justify's name when I started this thread.  :-[ I KNOW better, and I'm usually much better at proofreading my posts. I corrected the OP, but the mistake will live on in the responses.
   I blame the heat; my brain has been parboiled these last few days. I could probably get my own name wrong.

RUFFIAN

:forruffian:
BAROQUE Chirps
"...   I blame the heat; my brain has been parboiled these last few days
. I could probably get my own name wrong.

RUFFIAN HAS ANOTHER EXPLANATION.... :lightbulb:

SHE CALLS IT = HAVING A "BLONDE MOMENT"  :happy:

MAY THE PURRRRRRRRRR BE WITH YOU
                      =^,,^=

" JOURNEY NOT UPON THE PATH OF ANOTHER
      LEST YOU ARRIVE AT THEIR DESTINATION ~
                     AND NOT YOUR OWN! 😔 "

www.RUFFIAN333.com

🐎         😻       🐕

stark

Who's next??  Stall 33 in Bob Baffert's @santaanitapark barn has been home to American Pharoah, Arrogate and most recently JUSTIFY.  Talk about high priced real estate...

Dusty

Quote from: stark on July 26, 2018, 05:59:24 PM
Who's next??  Stall 33 in Bob Baffert's @santaanitapark barn has been home to American Pharoah, Arrogate and most recently JUSTIFY.  Talk about high priced real estate...

Those barns really NEED to be updated - YIKES = Hollywood was better than that!
May they run with the wind

peeptoad

Maybe he can lease the stall to Koriner's Paddock Pick, who beat the Baff's chalk rather easily the other day...

curtis

Quote from: peeptoad on July 27, 2018, 02:40:00 AM
Maybe he can lease the stall to Koriner's Paddock Pick, who beat the Baff's chalk rather easily the other day...
Yeah, and all he could do was get 2nd and 3rd in that G2 the other day. I'm thinkin' a gofundme might be in order, those house rentals in Del Mar aren't cheap.

peeptoad

Woe is Baffert... maybe he can donate his Gofundme profits to my retirement account. ;)

BaroqueAgain1

Dusty, you may be right about those barns. From what I can see in that photo, the barn is all-wood construction. IIRC, Hollywood Parks' barns were concrete block, much safer in protecting against a devastating barn fire.   :(
   As far as a new occupant of that particular stall, maybe it's time for a filly to fill that space. Baffert's Pioneerof the Nile filly, Mother Mother, looks to be a juvenile with a ton of potential.

ElPrado

That filly has a semi load of concrete block of potemtial.

Print
User actions