Main Menu

TBC hacked again?

Started by BaroqueAgain1, July 24, 2018, 08:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaroqueAgain1

I haven't been able to post on TBC all day, Keep getting a dialogue window telling me the there aren't enough characters in my post...even though there are more than enough.   :(
I've also noticed that some recent posts are now empty of their text, as though something has deleted them.
Have any members who belong both here and there heard anything?
Thanks.

WarBiscuit

I started to become a bit concerned this afternoon when I noticed that there have been no new posts all day - and that just doesn't happen. Not sure what's going on and haven't heard anything. Does Kurenai handle those issues now ?  Hope this doesn't turn out to be another huge mess...

WarBiscuit 

BaroqueAgain1

Yes, Kurenai has been acting as the Mod/Admin there, so I tried sending her a Private Message. Still had the same 'not enough characters' issue, so I couldn't get the message through to her.
Pretty sure she's noticed that there are problems by now.

ElPrado

I'm pretty sure I managed to get through to her last night. I did finally get a sent message page anyway. She's working on it.
Funny, that happened right after she spanked big ten for posting stolen articles again.

BaroqueAgain1

Kurenai was able to post once, that she knew the site was 'broken' and that she is working on it.
   It's still busted this morning. I hope she is able to get to the source of the problem, but it must be a challenging chore.   :(

Dusty

I went to the facebook page - Kurenei knows there is an issue - hope it can be resolved - odd it does not look like a hack
May they run with the wind

BaroqueAgain1

It's been over a week, and it doesn't look like there is any progress over on the TBC site (or as Curtis called it, "The Mothership").
   That's unfortunate, but I'm glad we have TRF to continue our conversations about racing.

Dusty

Kurenei is trying to save all the posts before reinstalling and updating the site = she says it was not hacked - just out of date...

From TBC on Favebook////

Sonja Rischka As I said above.... I want to save the old Database, for that I need a password, which I don't have. So you guys gotta wait.

The forum didn't get hacked or anything, it's just outdated and needs to be updated etc.
May they run with the wind

curtis

Quote from: Dusty on August 02, 2018, 10:55:08 PM
Kurenei is trying to save all the posts before reinstalling and updating the site = she says it was not hacked - just out of date...

From TBC on Favebook////

Sonja Rischka As I said above.... I want to save the old Database, for that I need a password, which I don't have. So you guys gotta wait.

The forum didn't get hacked or anything, it's just outdated and needs to be updated etc.
It's all just text on a screen, I don't know why folks just don't come here?  I've always referred to this as TBC Lite, kind of like old school FM radio. I see through Facebook that Dustino recently got married. Maybe that'll mellow him out enough to bring him over here.😉 I've always seen Dustin as TB Racing's Jim Rome before Jim Rome became TB Racing's Jim Rome.

stark

Dustino and Som finally tied the knot? congrats!

Is he still at Xpressbet?

curtis

Quote from: stark on August 03, 2018, 09:15:37 AM
Dustino and Som finally tied the knot? congrats!

Is he still at Xpressbet?
Don't think it's Som. From what I could gather, he's still with xpressbet. I look on Facebook once every other blue moon. I had forgotten he and I were FB Friends. We've had some nice interaction off forum. My wife and I were thinking of going to see the Dodgers play in Pittsburgh a couple of years ago and Dustin returned an email with a very thoughtful detailed response singing the virtues of his fair city. The Boys in Blue were scheduled to play the Yankees in NY that season as well and we considered that. I had a nice exchange with Horsebagger concerning that prospect. In the end, we got a nice room at the Los Angeles Athletic Club and watched the boys sweep the Washington Nationals in a crazy series, that ended with Puig hitting a walk off little league home run, in my old stomping grounds. In a couple of weeks they're coming up here to play a weekend at Safeco. My daughter and I have Tupac ready to go when Jansen is summoned and Randy Newman at the ready to, hopefully, play three times.

peeptoad

now the main page here (but not the forum page) is showing this:
http://www6.widgetserver.com/?s_token=1533830327.0531270856&searchbox=1&showDomain=1&tdfs=1

so, if everything goes poof it was nice knowing y'all...  :chickendance:

PostTimeMike

Doesn't look good for the Home Team!!! :( Guess I'll have to remove former Handicapping Forum Moderator off my resume!!! ::)

Note: Just discovered how to open this in Internet Explorer!! Can add smileys and other things!!! :OMG: :celebrate: :happy: :rhrse:

Events got me reminiscing on the old days of TBC.  8) TKS was the Moderator. Riff Raff was a regular. Matt Converse and Kennedy would be in the Contests. My favorite was "On The Nose"!! :thumbsup: Remember "Cyberbucks"??

Good ole days....but things change!!! :headshake: Just saddle up and keep riding!!! :racinghorse:

stark

PT Mike, while I'm not old enough here to share in the great memories you have, I can certainly understand the sentiment.  Most probably started out in the old CompuServ days and today they use stuff like Instagram that I haven't figured out yet.

Being a west coast guy I was attracted to the now defunct DelMar forum where some lasting friendships were created.
House lady MaryS ran a pretty tight ship.  The entertainment was endless, be it from CrazyKid who knew his stuff from mucking stalls and was a devoted NativeDiver fan to Tonythepony who is now a retired trainer on the NY circuit, to VinceP who had most everybody convinced he was a jockey LOL, to AndyCPA who was a big time statistical gambler, friends with AndyBeyer and an invited member to some National Board of People who could change the industry, to LetitrideMike who sold hearing aids while playing the ponies, to JoelB who acted like a moderator, to Lester the forum nemesis who could bring any conversation to a screeching halt, to Doc who was an amazing quadriplegic who had one index finger that worked and he could type witty responses to any conversation just as fast anybody and most didn't realize he was confined to a wheelchair, he also was a regular at the LV tournaments, miss him RIP.
In addition to the regular Forum format similar to these, DelMar also had a "chatroom" where comments scrolled off the screen every few minutes, lots of frivolity in that format.  But they knew their stuff and I'll never forget 'em, even tho' most I never met in person.

PostTimeMike

Quote from: stark on August 09, 2018, 10:28:32 AM
PT Mike, while I'm not old enough here to share in the great memories you have, I can certainly understand the sentiment.  Most probably started out in the old CompuServ days and today they use stuff like Instagram that I haven't figured out yet.

Being a west coast guy I was attracted to the now defunct DelMar forum where some lasting friendships were created.
House lady MaryS ran a pretty tight ship.  The entertainment was endless, be it from CrazyKid who knew his stuff from mucking stalls and was a devoted NativeDiver fan to Tonythepony who is now a retired trainer on the NY circuit, to VinceP who had most everybody convinced he was a jockey LOL, to AndyCPA who was a big time statistical gambler, friends with AndyBeyer and an invited member to some National Board of People who could change the industry, to LetitrideMike who sold hearing aids while playing the ponies, to JoelB who acted like a moderator, to Lester the forum nemesis who could bring any conversation to a screeching halt, to Doc who was an amazing quadriplegic who had one index finger that worked and he could type witty responses to any conversation just as fast anybody and most didn't realize he was confined to a wheelchair, he also was a regular at the LV tournaments, miss him RIP.
In addition to the regular Forum format similar to these, DelMar also had a "chatroom" where comments scrolled off the screen every few minutes, lots of frivolity in that format.  But they knew their stuff and I'll never forget 'em, even tho' most I never met in person.

Stark - I ventured over to the Del Mar Forum a few times. It was a little too regional (understandably) for me, but I do recall some of the cast of characters you mentioned. TKS (The Knight Sky) might have posted some there.

Seems like Message Boards are going the way of 8 track tapes. People are even starting to have Facebook fatigue!!! :headshake:

Join us for Millions day Saturday!!  :thumbsup: Probably my favorite racing day of the year!!! 8) TURF RACING will always be #1 with me!!! :celebrate: Your input is always interesting and appreciated!! 8)

Print
User actions