Anyone Know Who is Lining Up in The Jim Dandy

Started by afleetphil, July 19, 2018, 06:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curtis

At one point, I heard that Good Magic and Vino Rosso we're pointing to the Travers via the Jim Dandy. Haven't heard about anyone else.

Raven

Thanks for the link Senator
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

BaroqueAgain1

Only five horses are running for that $600,000 Jim Dandy purse: Flameaway, Tenfold, Reride, Sporting Chance and Vino Rosso.   :(
    https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/228706/compact-field-of-five-set-for-jim-dandy-stakes

Dusty

They only have 7 running in the Haskell on Sunday - maybe the timing of these races needs to be re-thought
May they run with the wind

peeptoad

Quote from: Dusty on July 26, 2018, 11:20:01 PM
They only have 7 running in the Haskell on Sunday - maybe the timing of these races needs to be re-thought

Agree. There are 3 divisional stakes races on the same weekend: Curlin today, JD tomorrow, Haskell Sunday. Different conditions for the Curlin, but all have small fields that would otherwise prob be larger.

curtis

I don't quite understand the need for the Curlin or maybe the placement of it. I think it would make more sense to offer it Travers weekend to pull some no hopers, who meet the conditions, from there and to give a late developer a shot to prep for the fall races.

ElPrado

After bouncing around this world for 66 years, I have learned that expecting any form of logic or sense, whether from a group or  individual, is usually a mistake.

curtis

Quote from: ElPrado on July 27, 2018, 09:16:49 AM
After bouncing around this world for 66 years, I have learned that expecting any form of logic or sense, whether from a group or  individual, is usually a mistake.
I'm 55 and have been an educator most of my adult life. You pretty much have written my credo.

ElPrado

Glad to be of service.   :hug:

BaroqueAgain1

Hofburg looked damn good in the Curlin today. Even with the sloppy track supposedly favoring front runners, he went by the leaders and won by open lengths.
   Of course, it was only a field of five.  :-\
   Depending on how Good Magic does in the Haskell, Hofburg might end up favored in the Travers.

Print
User actions