Free Drop Billy
Gronkowski
Hofburg
Justify
Noble Indy
Restoring Hope
Tenfold
Vino Roso

We have eleven here which is a nice field number wise if they all go, but with the best horses challenging being closers have the connections thought about who is going to generate pace up front to provide a chance for the closers to close? LOL
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Senator L

I'm sure out of 11 one of them will go with Justify. It's not the horse
but the jockey that control the pace. For all the talk about his work
Bravazo basically had the same time. i haven't bet him yet (justify) not
going to start now. I hope he does well though  :chickendance:

curtis

Quote from: Senator L on May 29, 2018, 07:21:20 PM
I'm sure out of 11 one of them will go with Justify. It's not the horse
but the jockey that control the pace. For all the talk about his work
Bravazo basically had the same time. i haven't bet him yet (justify) not
going to start now. I hope he does well though  :chickendance:
I'm as much a believer in how a horse runs fast as opposed to simply how fast they run. Bravazo looked like he was going that fast where Justify didn't. Lukas himself said visually he thought Justify could have went the 1/2 mile in 50 when in reality it was 46 and change. Bolt—who is training for the Met Mile—had a work that was somewhere in between, visually. As to someone going with Justify, he's not a need to lead type and I haven't seen him get rank. It would have to be a quality horse willing to throw down with him for the long haul like Rock Hard Ten and Eddington with Smarty Jones—who was rank—or Frosted with Pharoah in the Travers. I don't see a lesser type throwing a 1/2 or 3/4 Mile at him having much effect. Whatever the ultimate opinion is on Good Magic, most would have to agree he's a really nice horse and he couldn't run Justify into submission. I will say we haven't seen Tenfold's best yet, I haven't seen evidence as to how he's training up to the race but I wouldn't sleep on him.

afleetphil

I like Tenfold here in the upset. Justify 2nd and Bravazo 3rd. Why, because it's tough to win the triple crown and I liked Tenfold's Preakness.

peeptoad

Quote from: afleetphil on June 02, 2018, 12:55:27 PM
I like Tenfold here in the upset.

Agreed. Not sure if he is good enough to pass Justify, but I do like him for the Belmont. I'm going to take a long look at Vino Rosso as well

Dusty

I never count out Lukas - Bravaso
May they run with the wind

Senator L

Think I'll go with Blended Citizen...almost sounds like a drink!  :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:
:chickendance:

Print
User actions