Man o Taz's Derby Dozen

Started by Man o Taz, January 16, 2018, 10:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

1. Instilled Regard (Arch by Kris S. by Roberto in the Hail To Reason and Nearco lines and Enhancing by Forestry by Storm Cat in the Northern Dancer line) 14
Next Race: February 17th Risen Star?
Trainer: Jerry Hollendorfer
Lecomte Stakes 10
2nd Los Alamitos Futurity 4

2. Good Magic (Curlin in the Mr. Prospector line and Glinda The Good by Hard Spun in the Northern Dancer line) 24
Next Race: March 2, Fountain of Youth, 8.5 furlongs
Trainer: Chad Brown
BC Juvenile, 8.5 furlongs 10
2nd Champagne Stakes, 8 furlongs 4

3. Catholic Boy (More Than Ready out of the Nearco line and Song of Bernardette by Bernardini out of the Nasrullah line)
Next Race: Sam F. Davis, 8.5 furlongs
Trainer: Jonathan Thomas
G2 Remsen Stakes 10, 9 furlongs 10
G3 With Anticipation Stake, 8.5 furlongs on the turf

4. McKinzie (Street Sense by Street Cry in the Mr. Prospector line and Runway Model by Petionville in the Mr. Prospector line)20
Next Race: Robert Lewis, 8.5 furlongs
Trainer: Bob Baffert
Los Alamitos Futurity, 8.5 furlongs 10
Sham Stakes, 8 furlongs 10

5. Avery Island (Street Sense by Street Cry in the Mr. Prospector line and Kinda Spicy by A.P. Indy in the Nasrullah line) 4
Next Race: Withers Stakes, 8.5 furlongs
Trainer: Kiaran McLaughlin
2nd G2 Remsen Stakes 4
G3 Nashua Stakes,

6. Mask (Tapit in the Nasrullah line and Hidden Expression by Yonaguska in the Nearco line
Next Race: Fountain of Youth or Gotham Stakes?
Mucho Macho Man Stakes

7. Firenze Fire (Poseidon's Warrior by Speightstown in the Mr. Prospector line and My Every Wish by Langfuhr in the Northern Dancer line) 20
Netx Race: February 3 G3 Withers 
Jerome Handicap 10
G1 Champagne Stakes 10
G3 Sanford Stakes

8. Solomini (Curlin by Smart Strike in the Mr. Prospector line and Surf Song by Storm Cat in the Norther Dancer line) 14
Next Race: March San Felipe?
3rd Los Alamitos Futurity 2
2nd BC Juvenile 8
2nd Frontrunner Stakes 4

9. Enticed (Medaglia d'Oro in the Northern Dancer line and It's Tricky by Mineshaft in the Nasrullah line) 10
Next Race: February 3 G2 Holy Bull, 8.5 furlongs
Trainer: Kiaran McLuaglin
G2 Kentucky Jockey Club, 8.5 furlongs 10

10. Tiz Mischief (Into Mischief in the Northern Dancer line and Indivia by Tiznow in the In Reality/Man o' War line) 4
Next Race: Feb. 3 G2 Holy Bull, 8.5 furlongs
Trainer: Dale Romans
2nd G2 Kentucky Jockey Club, 8.5 furlongs 4

11. Promises Fulfilled (Shackleford by Forestry in the Northern Dancer line and Marquee Delivery by Marquetry in the Mr. Prospector line) 2
Next Race: Fountain of Youth?
3rd G2 Kentucky Jockey Club, 8.5 furlongs 2

12. Zulfikhar (Bodemeister in the Mr. Prospector line and Pink Diamond by Minshaft in the Nasrullah line)
Next Race: San Vicente, 7 furlongs

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

Audible looked by far the best of the prep winners Saturday... I'm still not sold 100% for the KD since it's Pletch at GP this time of year. But he did look good.
Sporting Chance is supposed to run at OP on 2/19... hopefully he's set and ready.

Man o Taz

Audible did look good. I need to see more to add him. Javier Castellano is loaded with three year olds. If he chooses well he could get his Derby this year.

With Zulfikahr not getting a start in the San Vicente I think I'll replace him with Audible.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

1. Instilled Regard (Arch by Kris S. by Roberto in the Hail To Reason and Nearco lines and Enhancing by Forestry by Storm Cat in the Northern Dancer line) 14
Next Race: February 17th Risen Star
Trainer: Jerry Hollendorfer
Lecomte Stakes 10
2nd Los Alamitos Futurity 4

2. Good Magic (Curlin in the Mr. Prospector line and Glinda The Good by Hard Spun in the Northern Dancer line) 24
Next Race: March 2, Fountain of Youth, 8.5 furlongs
Trainer: Chad Brown
BC Juvenile, 8.5 furlongs 10
2nd Champagne Stakes, 8 furlongs 4

3. Catholic Boy (More Than Ready out of the Nearco line and Song of Bernardette by Bernardini out of the Nasrullah line)
Next Race: Feb. 10 Sam F. Davis, 8.5 furlongs
Trainer: Jonathan Thomas
G2 Remsen Stakes 10, 9 furlongs 10
G3 With Anticipation Stake, 8.5 furlongs on the turf

4. McKinzie (Street Sense by Street Cry in the Mr. Prospector line and Runway Model by Petionville in the Mr. Prospector line)20
Next Race: March 3 San Felipe, 8.5 furlongs/March 10 Rebel Stakes, 8.5 furlongs
Los Alamitos Futurity, 8.5 furlongs 10
Sham Stakes, 8 furlongs 10

5. Avery Island (Street Sense by Street Cry in the Mr. Prospector line and Kinda Spicy by A.P. Indy in the Nasrullah line) 14
Next Race: Gotham Stakes, 8.5 furlongs/Wood Memorial, 9 furlongs
G3 Withers Stakes, 8.5 furlongs 10
2nd G2 Remsen Stakes 4
G3 Nashua Stakes, 8 furlongs

6. Mask (Tapit in the Nasrullah line and Hidden Expression by Yonaguska in the Nearco line
Next Race: Fountain of Youth or Gotham Stakes?
Mucho Macho Man Stakes

7. Firenze Fire (Poseidon's Warrior by Speightstown in the Mr. Prospector line and My Every Wish by Langfuhr in the Northern Dancer line) 20
Netx Race: March 3 Gotham Stakes, 8.5 furlongs/March 31st Wood Memorial, 9 furlongs
2nd Withers Stakes, 8.5 furlongs
Jerome Handicap 10
G1 Champagne Stakes 10
G3 Sanford Stakes

Big mistake running him so close to his Jerome win. Hopefully, they rest him to the Wood Memorial

8. Solomini (Curlin by Smart Strike in the Mr. Prospector line and Surf Song by Storm Cat in the Norther Dancer line) 14
Next Race: March 3 San Felipe/March 10 Rebel Stakes
3rd Los Alamitos Futurity 2
2nd BC Juvenile 8
2nd Frontrunner Stakes 4

9. Enticed (Medaglia d'Oro in the Northern Dancer line and It's Tricky by Mineshaft in the Nasrullah line) 11
Next Race: March 3 Holy Bull, 8.5 furlongs/March 3 Gotham Stakes
4th G2 Holy Bull, 8.5 furlongs 1
G2 Kentucky Jockey Club, 8.5 furlongs 10

10. Tiz Mischief (Into Mischief in the Northern Dancer line and Indivia by Tiznow in the In Reality/Man o' War line) 6
Next Race: March 3, Fountain of Youth/March 10, Tampa Bay Derby 8.5 furlongs
3rd G2 Holy Bull, 8.5 furlongs 2
2nd G2 Kentucky Jockey Club, 8.5 furlongs 4

11. Promises Fulfilled (Shackleford by Forestry in the Northern Dancer line and Marquee Delivery by Marquetry in the Mr. Prospector line) 2
Next Race: Fountain of Youth?
3rd G2 Kentucky Jockey Club, 8.5 furlongs 2

12. Audible (Into Mischief in the Northern Dancer line and Blue Devil Bel by Gilded Time in the Damascus line) 10
Next Race: March 31, Florida Derby, 9 furlongs
G2 Holy Bull, 8.5 furlongs 10

Dropped

Zulfikhar (Bodemeister in the Mr. Prospector line and Pink Diamond by Minshaft in the Nasrullah line)
Next Race: ?

Dusty

Hoping Catholic Boy does well... short field though
May they run with the wind

peeptoad

Keep your eyeballs on Tenfold, trained by Asmussen. He broke his maiden first out on Feb. 7-  8.5f at OP, running very greenly, but won by open lengths and looked like he wanted to go around again on the gallop out.
Curlin x Tapit mare.... so the pedigree is there.

peeptoad

Combatant and Sporting Chance both looked good in the Southwest imo. Both ran well against the bias. If I had to take a horse out of this one it would be Sporting Chance. First start in almost 6 months, ran against track bias, close early to a solid pace  and got bumped sideways by the runner up mid-stretch. Plus he was a little late switching leads.
I would expect him to move forward next out. Combatant was actually my top pick and also ran well, though with a somewhat better trip than SC. He also bumped that one soundly mid-stretch, but no DQ. Maybe the stewards determined Sporting Chance's late pace wasn't enough to him past Combatant anyway.

Should be a good rematch in the Rebel if all show up.

Senator L

:racinghorse: :racinghorse:Maybe Oaklawn is the place to be for the (3) year olds chasing the Derby dream.
I did mention Bravazo after his alw win another who is running lights
out is Articulator running this Sat Oak R5 #4  :chickendance

Senator L

there go his derby dreams  :lmao:

peeptoad

I wasn't impressed with the FOY at all, but it had more to do with the way the race unfolded than any one performance, other than possibly Good Magic who ran a flat race by most estimations. The top 3 went around the track like a merry go round race; closers had no shot, but might not have been good enough anyway. I wouldn't touch the winner next out, unless it appears on paper that he gets to dictate a slow pace again. Even then, at a short price, no thanks.

Raven

Quote from: Raven on January 20, 2018, 07:06:36 AM
No Mourinho on any body's radar yet?
Sad news today     RIP
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

peeptoad

Quote from: Raven on March 12, 2018, 11:54:10 AM
Sad news today     RIP

very sad. :(

Senator L

that was sad and now Elusive Quality put down. Always liked him
+ he was Smarty's sire RIP  :chickendance: :chickendance: :chickendance:

Man o Taz

Very sad about Mourinho...

Elusive Quality will be missed...

My latest 12...

Good Magic
Mendolssohn
Solomini
Audible
Enticed
Bolt d' Oro
Promises Fulfilled
Justify
Magnum Moon 
My Boy Jack
Noble Indy
Instilled Regard

Man o Taz

1. Good Magic
2. Mendolssohn
3. Vino Rossi
4. Audible
5. Solomini
6. Justify
7. Magnum Moon
8. Noble Indy
9. Bolt d' Oro
10. Promises Fulfilled
11. Enticed
12. My Boy Jack

Print
User actions