6. Mask
7. Firenze Fire
8. Solomini
9. Enticed
10. Tiz Mischief
11. Promises Fulfilled
12. Zulfikhar

Happy New Year Everyone...
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Senator L

I am rooting for Catholic Boy - graded winner on both dirt and turf.
Usually when they run on anything they're really good  :chickendance:

Dusty

Quote from: Man o Taz on January 16, 2018, 10:09:04 AM
Better late than never I hope.

Hope to flesh out the info soon...

1. Instilled Regard
2. Good Magic
3. Catholic Boy
4. McKinzie
5. Avery Island
6. Mask
7. Firenze Fire
8. Solomini
9. Enticed
10. Tiz Mischief
11. Promises Fulfilled
12. Zulfikhar

Happy New Year Everyone...

Thanks - I am not feeling it yet - need to get into the swing of things....
May they run with the wind

peeptoad

Quote from: Dusty on January 16, 2018, 05:03:11 PM
Thanks - I am not feeling it yet - need to get into the swing of things....

Same here. Although, I must say Solomini has been quite flattered recently...

curtis

I know Bolt D'Oro missed some training recently. Did I miss an announcement that he's out?  Seems that barn went from giving updates in great detail to saying almost nothing.

stark

From DRF Jan 4th, never did see any update.

Bolt D'Oro will resume galloping this week after recovering from a pulled muscle that interrupted his training and ultimately postponed his 2018 debut.

Among the leading prospects for the 2018 Kentucky Derby, Bolt D'Oro underwent a nuclear scan this week that came back clean late Wednesday.

However, owner-trainer Mick Ruis said he will not make his first start of the season as scheduled Feb. 10 in the Grade 2 San Vicente Stakes at Santa Anita.

Full story will be posted soon at drf.com.

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/39907-bolt-d-oro-recovers-from-pulled-muscle-will-miss-san-vicente

peeptoad

I have to say that Sporting Chance would be on my short list. He beat a number of decent horses in the Hopeful last year and just posted a 1/108 bullet at OP.

curtis

Quote from: stark on January 17, 2018, 10:18:26 AM
From DRF Jan 4th, never did see any update.

Bolt D'Oro will resume galloping this week after recovering from a pulled muscle that interrupted his training and ultimately postponed his 2018 debut.

Among the leading prospects for the 2018 Kentucky Derby, Bolt D'Oro underwent a nuclear scan this week that came back clean late Wednesday.

However, owner-trainer Mick Ruis said he will not make his first start of the season as scheduled Feb. 10 in the Grade 2 San Vicente Stakes at Santa Anita.

Full story will be posted soon at drf.com.

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/39907-bolt-d-oro-recovers-from-pulled-muscle-will-miss-san-vicente

Yeah, I had heard that and also that now the target is the San Felipe for the first race this year.  I'm not sold on Mick Ruis as a trainer yet, especially if he has to hit a curve ball which is what I'd consider the pulled muscle to be.  Nor does C Nak have a great record in the Classics.  I do think Bolt D'Oro is one of the top 12 though.  Until I see he has clearly been surpassed by the others, I'd put him in the top 3. 

Senator L

I watched a replay of a race January 13 Oaklawn Park Race 5 Opt Cl $62,500
Bravazo with Gary Stevens ran down a horse call Ezmosh in a pretty good
time and both horses have great breeding
I put both in my virtual stable  :chickendance: :chickendance: :chickendance:

peeptoad

I haven't seen it, but word is Bolt D'Oro didn't look so great in his first gallop back. The trainer did report he was still experiencing "body soreness" though that quote was from before the workout.

Raven

No Mourinho on any body's radar yet?
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

curtis

Quote from: Raven on January 20, 2018, 07:06:36 AM
No Mourinho on any body's radar yet?
He looked good Monday, but then again he had a Lone F trip on a speed favoring track. I'll reserve judgement until I see him finish after facing some heat. It does make Greyvitos's injury lamentable though.

stark

Just FYI.....BOLT has his own twitter account.

https://twitter.com/theboltshow

curtis

Quote from: stark on January 22, 2018, 08:41:54 AM
Just FYI.....BOLT has his own twitter account.

https://twitter.com/theboltshow
Well, I'm happy that Shelbe's life has again found meaning since I'm guessing that public stable of hers hasn't taken off. If she needs help, maybe their number one jock, Gary Stevens, can lend a hand on the dark days at Oaklawn.😉

peeptoad

Here's the other Derby Dozen for the week http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky-derby-dozen/archive/2018/01/30/derby-dozen-january-30-2018-presented-by-shadwell-farm.aspx

I'm starting to pick up speed a bit in my interest of these guys and I am pleased to see that Higher Power got a mention in the link above. The jury is totally out because he's untested, but he's a half to Alternation who I loved, so I have to follow him regardless of whether he's Derby material.
The preps pick up pace a bit this weekend...

Print
User actions