Main Menu

BRIS vs DRF pps

Started by peeptoad, December 29, 2017, 06:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

...I typically use both, however in race 1 on tomorrow's card at SA I notice that BRIS gives Yakteen a poor stat of 5% for his first on turf (pool of 19). Yakteen's DRF stat for first on grass is 24% (pool of 19). That's a pretty big discrepancy, if it is indeed one.

This confuses me... if anyone has the answer please post... just curious.

stark

Don't forget, this week is absolutely FREE sheets at Thorograph https://www.thorograph.com/ where you'll find more trainer data than you care to know.  Unfortunately it'll do absolutely nothing to help clear up this current conundrum, good luck.

Dusty

Quote from: peeptoad on December 29, 2017, 06:16:56 AM
...I typically use both, however in race 1 on tomorrow's card at SA I notice that BRIS gives Yakteen a poor stat of 5% for his first on turf (pool of 19). Yakteen's DRF stat for first on grass is 24% (pool of 19). That's a pretty big discrepancy, if it is indeed one.

This confuses me... if anyone has the answer please post... just curious.

I do notice some oddities between the two but never one that significant
May they run with the wind

Raven

Quote from: Dusty on December 29, 2017, 05:51:26 PM
I do notice some oddities between the two but never one that significant
I seen that in another forum, i clicked on the link but i don't know how to get the free offer,  do you have to have an account!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

peeptoad

Yeah, an answer isn't imperative... I was mainly just curious since that's one of the biggest discrepancies between the two pps that I've seen. It's likely an error in one or the other.

Thanks for the TG info stark. I partake in those this time every year. ;)
Raven, you do need an account to download the free TG material, but it's free to open an account with them (and I can vouch for the fact that I get virtually no spam email from them).

Raven

Thanks Peeptoad
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Senator L

I think there are many mistakes in both publications...isn't there
an old saying on being careful in what you read? For the most part I think
they're pretty accurate - but it happens

Senator L

Another thing to keep your eye on is the run up distance.
On Sat Jan 13 at GP race 1 run up was 78 feet final time 1:46.21
race 2 same distance 1 1/16 on the turf run up was 137 feet final time 1:44.71
Race 4 run up was 36 feet final time 1:43.73

peeptoad

Ah, thanks, Senator... is the run up distance in the pps? Not sure I've ever purposely looked for that.

Senator L

I seem to notice it on the electronic DRF pp's but not the printed ones I buy in the OTB. Brisnet and Equibase
usually have it in the entries under the conditions and in the final results. The way the race is run is really affected
by the temp rail or no rail IMO

peeptoad

I'll look for it the next time I'm 'capping a race... I agree stuff like that can really affect the outcome. Similarly, when the dogs go out on a turf course I imagine (though that is usually during training only, but I have seen it during some races)...

Senator L

The "dogs" are cones and only used in training. They move the "rail" in and out in races
to protect the turf course. When the rail is out over 72 feet I find in most cases it favors
the front runners...but every day and track is different

peeptoad

Ah, yes, the temp rail is what I was thinking of... not the dogs. My brain is going to the dogs.

Print
User actions