Started by afleetphil, June 10, 2017, 11:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

I'll go with GORMLEY.

WestIsBest.
Trainer doesn't train 'em short.
Price is right @ 8/1

stark

Or, in hindsight how about going with a 5 horse superfecta box of the horses whose last race was the Ky Derby?
There's your $2,243 (for $1) superfecta. 5-horse box cost $120

ElPrado

Or just use my picks from the 9th race as a superfecta box in R 10 and get back $7,094. :lmao: Of course, that didn't happen. :banghead: :headshake:

Man o Taz

He was over the top as expected...its tough to run all three legs of the TC and be expected to finish on the board each time.

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

stark

Quote from: Man o Taz on June 13, 2017, 11:53:13 AM
He was over the top as expected...its tough to run all three legs of the TC and be expected to finish on the board each time.

Before the race, the court of public opinion had him pegged at a very solid 3rd place in the wagering favoritism, so the expectations were indeed there, but again, that was before the race was run.

Man o Taz

I know many did.

They were wowed by his 2nd place performance in the Derby like they were by Commanding Curve and Golden Soul who both skipped the Preakness Stakes.

I like the horse, but never bought into it.

Didn't he run less distance than Always Dreaming and much, much less than the 3rd and 4th place finishers in the Derby?

Perfect trip. A horse is not going to get that every time, are they?
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

curtis

There is a horse like this almost every year. Because he comes on late and picks up some pieces passing tired horses, people are convinced he'll love more distance. I think he's a one-turn horse whose max is 8f.  I suspect though he'll be in the gate for either the Haskell or the Travers, if not both. I think he'd be dangerous in the King's Bishop or whatever it's called now.

Print
User actions