Your Preakness Stakes Picks

Started by afleetphil, May 17, 2017, 11:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afleetphil

1./ Classic Empire - win
2./ Always Dreaming- place
3./ Gunnevera  - show

As noted before the Derby I picked Always Dreaming for the win. :oie_30232359NUVsTmH4:

stark

There's no rule that says you have to bet every race and I'm very tempted to pass on this one.

I think we may have already seen the best race the favorites will ever run at age three, so I'm looking for a stranger danger who hasn't performed his best yet.

Just so that I have a rooting interest while watching NBC blimp shots, hat shots, blackeyed susan shots (vodka, rum, orange, pineapple etc) I'll be making a small wager on a 30-1 shot that's improving leaps and bounds in his four races so far. Just need his new jockey Joel Rosario to keep that pattern going one more time, there's no need to bounce now. Have a hunch he won't let MULTIPLIER be too far back early on, and he's shown an ability to close strongly when the real running begins, why not take a shot?

Hoping the G3 no-points Illinois Derby with low Beyers will help keep his price up there, there's no doubt he's an improving sort, and if excellent sheets reader Ron Anderson thinks he's worth a shot, who am I to argue. Win bet and exacta boxes will be my play, #1 MULTIPLIER

peeptoad

In the end I'm going kind of light. Subject to change, but probably:

exacta: 4,5,10/1,2,4,5,10
1-WPS
10-W

good luck!

ElPrado

I'm sort of hoping the jocks go brain dead and let Always Dreaming and Classic Empire fight early and let Hence catch them. It's not as if it's never happened before.
I belong to a small fantasy stable group and picked up Actress Thursday for my stable. Hence is mine, too.
I can dram, anyway.  :knight:

Print
User actions