2017 Pegasus Stakes

Started by Man o Taz, November 03, 2016, 06:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

updates on many of the runners at AQ Saturday, and the Pegasus is at least under consideration for Connect at this point:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/218006/connect-in-good-order-off-cigar-mile-win

Man o Taz

Ya beat me to it Stark...:-)

Wow, if they could get Winx to come that would be pretty incredible.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

According to TDN Arrogate was supposed to resume works today but I have not seen anything posted.

It is only 8:34 there so he still could work. I do not know when he usually goes out...

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/pdf/tdn/tdn161201.pdf
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

Arrogate (3-Year-Old Colt)

Date: December 1, 2016
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 49:00 Breezing

Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

stark

Quote from: peeptoad on December 01, 2016, 10:15:02 AM
Arrogate (3-Year-Old Colt)

Date: December 1, 2016
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 49:00 Breezing

Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Of the 109 horses who worked at @santaanitapark this morning, his was the lone work designated "breezing"

curtis

Quote from: stark on December 01, 2016, 10:32:52 AM
Of the 109 horses who worked at @santaanitapark this morning, his was the lone work designated "breezing"
Someone has to take over for Beholder. ;)

Man o Taz

Posisble entries:

American Freedom

Arrogate

Anchor Down retired

Beholder retired.

California Chrome

Comfort? Not in training

Connect?

Diviinng Rod?

Dortmund?

Effinex? retired

Firing Line?  retired

Frosted? retired

Gun Runner? 

Highland Reel?

Hoppertunity?

Imperative?

Keen Ice?

Melatonin?

Noble Bird?

Runhappy? retired

Shaman Ghost

Stanford?

Tamarkuz? retired

Winx?

Still 14 posisbilities but the list is dwindling to get 12 in the gate.

honneerider

PLUS CHROME!

CA_Chrome

Quote from: honneerider on December 02, 2016, 07:21:10 PM
PLUS CHROME!

Yep. Chrome is the horse the Pegasus was created to attract to Gulfstream. Arrogate's late development only added gravy to the mix.

Man o Taz

Whoops.

Other Pegasus possibles:
Stickstatelydude
Laoban
Mr. Jordan

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/pegasus-world-cup/2016-winds-horsemen-examine-options-inaugural-pegasus-world-cup/

And I forgot Midnight Storm.

peeptoad

My guess is Hopper bypasses this race. His more immediate long range goal is another crack at the World Cup. No mention of this race in the piece I just read (per DRF and Baffert). But who knows?

Man o Taz

Well, he will need a prep race, but the San Antonio worked well last year for him.

peeptoad

Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow (which may or may not be the Pegasus)

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/218276/arrogate-works-toward-seasonal-bow

Man o Taz

So what does the result in teh Hong Kong Vase say about Highland Reel's prospects for making the Pegasus Stakes on January 28th?

They were long odds to begin with. It seems they got longer with his second place finish. I think Coolmore will want their Sheem Classic entry well rested for the race.. Multiple ships will not help with that. Then agian, they still do have an entry in the gate and unlikely there will be many takers. But it is just $1 million to "the boys".

Posisble entries:

American Freedom - No recent works.
Arrogate
California Chrome
Connect? No works since winning the Cigar Mile
Divining Rod? - No works since 2nd place finish in the Cigar Mile
Dortmund? - No works since BC Dirt Mile.
Gun Runner?  No works since winning the Clark Handicap 
Highland Reel? 2nd place finish in the Hong Kong Vase
Hoppertunity? No works since Clark Handicap
Imperative? No works since his finish in the Native Diver
Keen Ice? 5 furlongs in 1:01.60 at Palm Beach Downs 1/8
Laoban? 5 furlongs in 1:00.41 9 days ago. 2/22 at Gulfstream Park
Melatonin? No works since BC Classic
Mr. Jordan? 4 furlongs in 49 10/10 at Gulfstream Park
Neolithic? 4 furlongs in 50.40 at Palm Beach Downs 1/3
Noble Bird? No works post Fayette win 
Shaman Ghost No works since 3rd place finish in Clark Handicap
Stanford? 5 furlongs in 1:01.60 1/8 4 days ago.
Stickstatelydude?
Winx?

Print
User actions