Tackiest BC coverage ever - thanks NBC

Started by jjacks1, November 02, 2013, 06:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjacks1

Where do I start? The crappy sound mix? The botox babe gyrating for the camera singing that horrid song? She ruined the post parade for me. Every time I tried to turn the sound back on she was flapping and screeching.
If this is what horse racing has to do to attract fans, I quit.
The morons that run the Breeders Cup need to think outside the box - they can't out-do the Kentucky Derby by borrowing the Derby traditions and sleazing them up. Tackiest Breeders Cup Prime Time show EVER. Seriously thinking about skipping the TV coverage next year and just reading the DRF charts afterwards.
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Dave in TJ Mex

I chose to watch the races on computer, on the Breeders Cup site.  They had the HRTV feed all day.  Obviously, lots of talking heads with opinions, if you like that sort of stuff, but I was impressed with their insights all day long (I don't have HRTV).

So, next year just watch it on your computer if you don't like NBC's effort to tailor the show to appeal to more than just hard core horse racing fans.

Zenyatta

Like I said in another thread,  I like Kristin Chenoweth,  but she murdered that song.  Sinatra sang it best, and the range is such that it really should be sung by a male.

:headshake:

Zenyatta

Quote from: Dave in TJ Mex on November 02, 2013, 06:10:33 PM
I chose to watch the races on computer, on the Breeders Cup site.  They had the HRTV feed all day.  Obviously, lots of talking heads with opinions, if you like that sort of stuff, but I was impressed with their insights all day long (I don't have HRTV).

So, next year just watch it on your computer if you don't like NBC's effort to tailor the show to appeal to more than just hard core horse racing fans.

I watched HRTV until the Classic. I should've stayed there.

Vic in Chicago

I watched the SA simulcast feed (via XPressbet), which was excellent.  The very knowledgeable SA handicappers, plus the always spot-on Trevor Denman call.  For whatever reason, the NBC Sports Network "live" feed was actually tape-delayed by several minutes.  So a couple times, if I wanted to see an instant replay immediately after the simulcast (like Groupie Doll's gutsy stretch run) I just turned back to NBC-SN's "live" feed and watched it again.

I thought NBC-SN's coverage was okay, but when it switched to NBC for the Classic, it really got dumbed down.  I'm sorry, but I really am not interested in who Joan Rivers is picking in the BCC!
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

Dusty

WOW and LOCAL NBC has Breeders Cup on SPorts = what do they report and show video of?????

BC Classic

Breakdown in Juv Fillies

DQ of She's A Tiger

MUCH more focus on the negative than the Positive - and BC and horse racing get more Black eyes =  :headshake:
May they run with the wind

peeptoad

Quote from: jjacks1 on November 02, 2013, 06:06:46 PM
Where do I start? The crappy sound mix?

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this... my dad thought something was wrong with his TV when the coverage shifted to NBC. Sounded like they were broadcasting out of a tin can.

Ballerina

I appreciate listening to Larry instead of Trevor.
Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Native Diver

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 02, 2013, 06:11:57 PM
Like I said in another thread,  I like Kristin Chenoweth,  but she murdered that song.  Sinatra sang it best, and the range is such that it really should be sung by a male.

:headshake:

I like her too, but I was very disappointed with her rendition of "The Best is Yet To Come".....oh my.   I know she's a better singer than that but it sounded almost like she was in the wrong key or something.   Toni sounded great singing the anthem I thought though.   

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Ballerina on November 03, 2013, 05:29:16 AM
I appreciate listening to Larry instead of Trevor.

Ballerina, this is what Trevor said when he called the Breeders' Cup Classic:

"Mucho Macho Man just keeps on finding on the lead, Will Take Charge, a late run, woooah, that's close!
Mucho Macho Man, the more they asked, the more he gave, Will Take Charge was right there, as was Declaration of War, in a classic Breeders' Cup Classic!", (Denman, Breeders' Cup Classic 2013 for the on-track and HRRN broadcast).

By looking at the words from his quote, Ballerina, Trevor gave a very powerful description while calling the 2013 Breeders' Cup Classic for the on-track and online radio broadcast.

Ballerina

Why did I know I was going to get a lecture? :lmao:

I don't like Trevor Denman's voice.  It gets on my nerves.  You're just going to have to learn that not everyone embraces your icon.
Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

serenassong

Quote from: Dusty on November 03, 2013, 12:57:49 AM
WOW and LOCAL NBC has Breeders Cup on SPorts = what do they report and show video of?????

BC Classic

Breakdown in Juv Fillies

DQ of She's A Tiger

MUCH more focus on the negative than the Positive - and BC and horse racing get more Black eyes =  :headshake:

But that is always the way, isn't it?  Don't be surprised to see ranting and raving from the Petards- as per usual.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Ballerina on November 03, 2013, 06:26:34 AM
Why did I know I was going to get a lecture? :lmao:

I don't like Trevor Denman's voice.  It gets on my nerves.  You're just going to have to learn that not everyone embraces your icon.

And on the bright side, nobody got arrested including the fans who prefer to listen to Trevor Denman's race calls, nobody got arrested at the Santa Anita Autumn Meet on Breeders' Cup Friday and Breeders' Cup Saturday.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/hand-cuffs.jpg

Zenyatta

We really need that  "beating head against wall" smiley.   :tongue:

peeptoad

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 03, 2013, 08:13:03 AM
We really need that  "beating head against wall" smiley.   :tongue:

Yeah, but this one more than makes up for the lack of that one:
:HT2:

Print
User actions