Main Menu

Dream Job

Started by stark, July 24, 2016, 06:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

Your Dad sells his business and has some cash on-hand.

You are 25 and finished Vet school and had barn jobs for Mike Mitchell and Cliff SIse.

Dad tells you, go get your Trainers license and I'll set you up with some inventory.

He proceeds to spend $2.1 million and off you go!

Congrats again Shelbe Ruis, you're now 2/11....

RACE 9

DEL MAR - Sunday, July 24, 2016

5 Midnight Pleasure   43.80   14.00   10.20
3 Dangerfield       4.20   3.00
7 Term of Art           7.60

Senator L

LMAO
good for you kid  :chickendance:

curtis

My daughter is going to school to become a vet. Maybe when she's done, I'll claim one for 2.5k at EMD. That's almost the same.

stark

This is quite an amazing family story that's unfolding as I sit home googling on a Sunday eve, I had no idea!

Her brother Mick Jr was a SoCal jockey about 10 years ago.  When his roommate died, track announcer Luke Kruytbosch, it sent the jock into a depressed tailspin where he gained 15 pounds and was unable to ride so he went to work for his Dad.

And how else did Dad spend his cash proceeds.......he bought a million dollar stall in Stronach's Pegasus race!!!!

Maybe his daughter will get some good stock, hope she knows what to do with it!

curtis

I remember Mick Ruis. He could ride a bit. I thought he just moved to another circuit.

stark

Quote from: curtis on July 24, 2016, 07:50:26 PM
My daughter is going to school to become a vet. Maybe when she's done, I'll claim one for 2.5k at EMD. That's almost the same.

The exact same, just different.

I will take personal responsibility for ensuring her first couple of winners never pay $43.00.  The headline story will read "bet like a good thing off the high morning line" we just need a little heads up here when the big day arrives, thanks in advance!

stark

There's trouble in paradise

curtis

Quote from: stark on October 13, 2016, 05:36:48 PM
There's trouble in paradise
She had been training an old favorite of mine, Spud Spivens. I noticed he's in Saturday with a different trainer. I wondered if something was up.

peeptoad

I like Spud too... he's been in my stable for years. I was a fan of his dam, and she finally broke her maiden when I was at SA one January; and then she never raced again...

curtis

It sounds like Shelbe Ruis quit before her Dad could fire her and she's going to set up a public stable.  Spud Spivens, the horse I mentioned earlier, had a different owner.  I still don't understand why there was a change there.

Senator L

From the articles sounds like her Dad is a hard guy to work for

stark

Update on Dad
http://www.drf.com/news/owner-mick-ruis-goes-after-trainers-license

Was it Jackie Gleason who said "Oh, this ought to be rich"

stark

This guy just fascinates me, don't know how much life savings he has to lose but it's interesting.

Take a look at Santa Anita's 4th race today, Wendy's Back

Of course Mick is listed as the trainer now that he has a license, but the owner is......the aforementioned Shelbe Ruis!

Hmmmm, maybe he has a degree in Creative Finance too.

stark

For anybody out there still reading this drivel.....

Here's another fascinating horse for Mr Ruis....

Race 6 Santa Anita Saturday
Midnight Pleasure 8/1
Optional $40K claimer going 7F

He brought $310,000 at auction off a $20,000 stud fee, so he must've looked great.

This guy broke his maiden last summer at DelMar paying $40bucks.
After that he was entered in three G1 races, the DelMar Futurity, the Frontrunner, and the Santa Anita Derby!

This will be his 6th start and it's anybody's guess what kind of horse this really is, but he does have two excellent works coming into this.  Just might be worth a few bucks.

And what happened to Gary Stevens who was suppose to ride first call for this barn?

Print
User actions