Rags To Riches Update

Started by Man o Taz, December 10, 2014, 12:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

So, I have been wondering how her foals have been doing.

I know her first filly, Opulence, who suffered a broken sesamoid - never raced and was bred to Stay Thirsty - and will be bred back too him.

Then she was bred to Henrythenavigator and had a colt...named Admirer...who finished 9th in his debut in August 2013 on turf at Windsor Racecourse in England.

And then twice to Galileo...having a colt in 2011 and then another colt in 2012.

The 2011 2 year old Chestnut Galileo colt as of last year was in training with Andre Fabre in France and named Auguste Rodin. 

In 2013, it was reported that she was in foal to Stay Thirsty, but I do not know if she had a colt or filly...or whether she was bred back to Stay Thirsty.

Please correct/share any information you have...
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

serenassong

Her 2013 model was a Galileo colt- born April 24,2013 in Ireland
2014 she had a filly to Galileo- born May 19,2014 in Ireland.

As far as Opulence goes- she had a colt on Jan 8th of this year(seems to be her first, no other record found) in KY(Stay Thirsty)- very colorful chart- http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=9707998&registry=T&horse_name=Unnamed&dam_name=Opulence&foaling_year=2014&nicking_stats_indicator=Y

She was bred to Shanghai Bobby for her 2015 foal
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Man o Taz

Thanks.Good to hear about Shanghai Bobby.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Flanders

Quote from: Man o Taz on December 10, 2014, 12:42:29 PM
The 2011 2 year old Chestnut Galileo colt as of last year was in training with Andre Fabre in France and named Auguste Rodin. 
His named was changed to Rhett Butler.  He ran once in September but finished 10th of 11.
Rhett Butler

It is also noted that he was sold to Serbia on Pedigree Query, though who knows if that is true.

diomed

Rags has a date with American Pharoah!! It's about time they bred her to a dirt sire. Here's hoping for a great result!!  :thumbsup:

Raven

Quote from: diomed on June 22, 2016, 09:45:20 AM
Rags has a date with American Pharoah!! It's about time they bred her to a dirt sire. Here's hoping for a great result!!  :thumbsup:
That's great news!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Flanders

Quote from: Flanders on December 20, 2014, 06:30:27 PM
His named was changed to Rhett Butler.  He ran once in September but finished 10th of 11.
Rhett Butler

It is also noted that he was sold to Serbia on Pedigree Query, though who knows if that is true.
He is a G1 winner in Serbia.  Not that I think it really means anything on the international stage.  But here he is winning the Kup Princa Pavla (Gr-1) 3+g. 2400m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZT6MfxuYRs

Print
User actions